Do you desire to own your own business and work independently, while leveraging the global buying power of American Express Meetings & Events? Then you can become an Independent Meetings Consultant and work in association with one of the largest global travel management companies. With more than 40 years in the industry and an in-market presence in over 50 countries, American Express Meetings & Events provides best-in-class capabilities to deliver powerful meetings and events experiences locally, regionally, internationally and across the globe. American Express Meetings & Events is seeking Independent Meetings Expert Consultants who have the skills and experience to deliver exemplary and professional services to their business customers. The Opportunity
American Express Meetings & Events is currently expanding and growing globally. We are currently engaging Independent Meetings Expert Consultants to operate in association with American Express Meetings & Events to provide hotel sourcing solutions to their prospective and established clients. As an Independent Meetings Consultants you will work with your own customer base and offer prospective and established clients event site selection, vendor sourcing, and contract negotiations services. Independent Meetings Expert Consultants can leverage a number of additional services offered by American Express Meetings & Events, such as meeting planning, on-site event staffing, communications and content advice, etc. to their clients to help meet the clients' needs.
In this role, the Independent Meeting Consultant operates with total flexibility, from their preferred office location with the freedom to determine how, when, and where to provide services. As a business owner you are responsible for your own operating expenses and equipment.
While Independent Meetings Expert Consultants have the flexibility to determine how, when, and where they conduct their business, in our experience Meetings Experts are most successful when they:
The Partnership Advantages
- Build strong customer relationships, understand their clients' needs and effectively communicate their value proposition to meet those needs
- Hunt for meetings event opportunities within their own book of business
- Actively promote their meetings expert solutions
- Close profitable sales opportunities
- Continuously seek out new opportunities in account development by networking, relationship building within existing accounts and prospecting endeavors, and being visible within the meetings community.
Together with American Express Meetings & Events you will be able to:
What it takes to be successful:
- Leverage the American Express brand to generate new business opportunities
- Retain your existing clients
- Take advantage of hotel commission as an additional revenue stream
- Access 40 years of American Express industry expertise and market insights
- Tap into the global buying power of one of the world's leading providers of hotel accommodations
What are some of the skills and competencies that lead to success as an Independent Meetings Expert Consultant? From our experience, those that are successful in their own business in the Meetings Industry possess most or all of the following skills, competencies, and interests:
- Ability to execute independently
- Interest in running a business
- Strong selling and prospecting skills in meetings management
- Proven track record of driving sales results particularly in new client setting
- Demonstrated ability in driving growth in client base and delivering client service
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in sourcing meetings and contract negotiations
- Profound sense of professionalism
- Knowledge of Meetings Industry
- Desire to generate substantial fees in a 100% commission arrangement
This position is virtual and can be located anywhere in the US. Location
United States>New York>Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .