The Global IT Accounting Manager is responsible for both driving a global financial close transformation agenda in addition to managing the overall financial close process for the $1.8B Global Business Information Solutions (BIS) organization. This position works closely with our North America Shared Services (NASS) organization, BIS Planning organization, and Global BIS IT leadership to drive financial close process improvement opportunities, to provide guidance on technical accounting policy, to manage the tax and forex structure, and to facilitate period close issue resolution. This role will interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and in locations throughout the world including Sector, Corporate and IT Senior Executives. This position will manage a small team of accounting and controls analysts.
- Oversee the establishment of a BIS Global Accounting team which will be responsible for overall BIS accounting, reporting analysis. Manage a number of accountants and be the primary contact with BIS Finance Management to:
- Lead BIS quarterly and year-end reporting in partnership with NASS including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, A9(Annual Lease disclosure), Q12(Non-cancelable Contractual Commitments greater $10MM), A21 (PPE Useful life), SAB108, Cash Flow Forecast, CIP Impairment Reviews, Fixed Asset Impairment Reviews, Capitalized Interest Imbedded in Software Assets.
- Provide accounting and process support to BIS Planning, IT leadership, and NASS including review of material journal entries, close issue resolution, and analysis of billing and actuals variances.
- Manage quarterly balance sheet review process for the BIS CFO and Controller. Manage various accrual accounts including sales, bonuses, legal liabilities, vendor rebates, goods receipts (system) accruals and audit fees.
- Develop and leverage cooperative cross-functional relationships to address issues and get results primarily with NASS, BIS Planning, Procurement and Tax.
- Drive operating model structure and tax/process compliance for all activities related to cost allocations and the cross-charge operating model, working closely with representatives of controls, tax, legal and planning for all sectors including North America, ESSA (Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa), AMENA (Asia Middle East North Africa), and LATAM (Latin America). Scope includes cost allocations, cross-charges, transfer pricing and forex.
- Identify global BIS financial reporting process opportunities, develop remediation strategies and drive implementation of solution projects
- Provide training and coaching to project managers, planning analysts and managers on policies and processes.
- Evaluate and communicate evolving PepsiCo and BIS Technical Accounting Policies and procedures including Lease Accounting and accounting for Software Development costs.
- Develop a process to track forex gain/loss by market. Develop an understanding of how macroeconomic factors impact forex rates and incorporate these indicators in trend analysis.
- Partner with tax clearinghouses to drive process improvements, balance reconciliations and ensuring timely payments to minimize forex exposure.
- Review BIS capital appropriation requests and provide appropriate accounting guidance ensuring proper capital vs. expense treatment and adherence to GAAP.
- Support strategic and annual operating plan development.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Master of Accounting or CPA preferred
- 8-9 years work experience.
- Big 4 accounting experience preferred
- Proficient in Financial Close processes, reporting and controls
- Knowledgeable in SAP Financial modules and Essbase a plus
- Lead/participated in change management processes; development and operations
- Strong accounting skills (GAAP) with understanding of COSO/COBIT
- Understand basic IT business operational and financial areas and related accounting and reporting requirements including understanding of GAAP accounting standards for PP&E, Software development, and lease accounting preferred
- CPG and/or Manufacturing experience beneficial
- Highly motivated, proactive, team player, self-starter. Acts with integrity
- Proven people management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to facilitate interaction with global counterparts
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in different disciplines, at all levels of the organization
- Possess a strong ability to develop relationships especially working with remote teams
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage competing priorities within deadline
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.