Depuy Synthes is currently recruiting for a Global Manager for Instrument Supply located preferably in the West Chester, PA, Warsaw, IN, Raynham, MA, Monument, CO, or Switzerland facilities, but can reside at any DePuy Synthes facility in North America or EMEA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Reporting to the Global Director of Instrument Supply within the Global Orthopedics Supply Chain, the Global Instrument Supply Manager is expected to lead and partner with Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality, CLS, Planning and R&D to meet market requirements with the following results: minimal back orders, reduced cost of instruments, increased velocity and flexibility, and reduction of capacity constraints. The role is in support of the following: 30% supplier reduction 50% SKU reduction Contribution to 50% instrument cost reduction. The Instruments and Innovation organization is focused on utilizing new technologies and processes developed by the Instrument Innovation and Value Engineering Teams to manufacture instruments and utilize different ways of delivering product to our customers. This includes single use instruments, 3D printing, customization of sets for the Surgeon, set management into the OR etc.
This role will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams across supply chain and commercial in the design, development and execution of projects required to achieve Global Orthopedics business results. The leader will possess a strong understanding of supply chain with strategic foresight and will look for new ways of achieving the goals. He/she will have a willingness to be hands-on in all aspects of global supply chain operations as appropriate.
Scope includes global internal and external manufacturing of instrumentation across the entire end-to-end value stream. The role requires a heavy interface to Manufacturing, Value Engineering, R&D, Commercial and Procurement organizations.
The Global Manager of Instrument Supply will recruit, develop, manage, and motivate highly trained supply chain professionals and contractors to ensure an effective work force. Drive to closure critical and controversial issues with stakeholders in other organizations and at other sites and companies. Will be responsible for Project Management for NPI, CIP, quality and efficiency improvement, process upgrades and replacements. This includes identification and implementation of cost savings and other end-to-end supply chain optimization initiatives. Integrate manufacturing, packaging, distribution and customer service capabilities. Build effective relationships across internal and external instrument supply base, including external manufacturers and other outsourced services. Develop, in partnership with procurement and supplier quality, roadmaps and continually evaluate new innovative processes for competitive advantage. Lead execution of make-buy strategies and network optimization plans. Work with the supply chain team to establish Technology lifecycle strategies including obsolescence. Manage all allocated budgets for projects, including capital investments.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Focused educational background in Science, Engineering or related field is preferred.
• Master’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of business experience is required. Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
• A broad knowledge of medical device manufacturing processes and applications is preferred.
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and certification is preferred.
• Prior experience managing small projects (up to $5MM) is preferred.
• A demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams is preferred.
• Change management and project management, the ability to work effectively and drive alignment in a global, matrixed environment through strong communication and empowerment is required.
• Effective communication skills; ability to influence at all levels of the organization. Leadership skills; ability to lead a team of independent project professional and managers to drive results is required.
• This position requires up to 25% domestic and international travel.
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, North America-United States-Colorado-Monument, North America-United States-Indiana-WarsawOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.