At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Global Market Development Manager for Electrical Markets Division located in Austin, Texas. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Global Market Development Manager for the 3M Electrical Markets Division (EMD) will lead the global customer facing business team for this Austin based Heartland Division. Leading a team of sales and marketing professionals who develop and execute growth programs for the key EMD market verticals. Including Electrical Utilities, Electrical Construction, Electrical Equipment OEM, and Electrical Maintenance Repair & Operations. This leader will have full responsibility for programs, placement, NPI Ideation, strategy, segment revenue, subsidiary engagement and all other customer facing objectives, strategies, and tactics.Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Accountable for sales attainment by market segment
- Leads the development of global marketing plans
- Implements global marketing plans at local level by engagement with EMD country teams
- Determines customer market segment insights to benefit NPI Ideation, M&A Hopper, external partnerships, etc. Strategic thought leader for the Energy business.
- Supports inbound CFM to solve customer problems by using full breadth of 3M solutions.
- Willingness to be on-call (interest question)
- Two of the Four Marketing "P's", Placement and Promotions
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of seven (7) years of combined experience in sales and/or marketing
- Experience working with teams across the globe
- MBA from an accredited university
- Experience in 3M subsidiary system
- Skills include
- customer focused selling
- marketing/business plans
- Six Sigma experience
May include up to 25% global travelRelocation:
Is authorized within country per 3M relocation policy
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.