Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Shire is in the midst of unprecedented growth opportunities which is being fueled by 30 launches over the next 5 years and presents a unique opportunity for GM&LE to be at the forefront of shaping the way Shire launches and commercializes breakthrough therapies.
The purpose of this role is to partner with Shire's Global Franchises to support global brand plan development and launch readiness. The role will closely collaborate with Product Strategy Leaders (PSLs) within an assigned Global Franchise acting as key members of the cross-functional brand planning team. Additionally, the GM&LE Specialist will work with counterparts in the International and US organizations to ensure that Global Brand Plans and Launch Plans enable superior country launches.
This position reports to the Head of Global Marketing and Launch Excellence.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS, RESPONSIBILITIES & OPERATIONAL EXPECTATIONS:
• Recognized as a commercial leader with deep Global and Country brand leadership experience
• Demonstrated leadership in supporting Global and/or Country launches; has facilitated cross-functional launch planning and execution
• Demonstrated excellent critical thinking skills: Ability to derive insights across various forms of market research, analytics, medical literature, and competitive intelligence
• Possesses a high degree of emotional intelligence enabling an ability to establish trust and credibility with brand teams and to effectively influence through a consultative and collaborative approach
• Demonstrated ability to build and leverage a strong network of internal and external stakeholders to drive best in class brand planning and launch readiness practices
• Partners with PSLs/Brand Leaders to apply the Shire Brand Planning Process to facilitate strategic and tactical planning
• Partners with Launch Teams to achieve launch readiness through the application of the Global Launch Readiness (GLR) Framework and Review Process
• Serves as a change agent supporting the adoption of the Shire Brand Planning Process and Launch Readiness Framework and Review Process
• Provides feedback from Global Brand Teams and US and International counterparts on ways to enhance the Shire Global Brand Planning Process and Launch Readiness Framework and Review Process
• Works closely with PSLs to facilitate brand planning in accordance with Shire standards
• Acts as Shire brand planning process expert and may be asked to lead brand planning process for key brands
• Expected to achieve deep knowledge of relevant markets, diseases, and products
• Expected to contribute directly to strategic and tactical decision making
• Works closely with PSLs to achieve launch readiness for assigned brands
• Ensures launch teams leverage the Shire Global Launch Readiness Framework to proactively plan key functional deliverables
• Ensures identification of Global "Must Have" deliverables that will enable Country Launch Preparation
• Pressure tests and benchmarks Global Launch Plans and reports on Brand Launch Readiness
• Acts as a key point of communication for best practice sharing across the organization
• Supports team preparation for and manages the L-24 GLR Review Process
• Works in concert with Global Digital and Patient Engagement Strategy Team to ensure a robust Patient Journey and Ecosystem map is developed and leveraged as part of the Brand Planning Process
• Works closely with the Global Market Intelligence and Insights team to ensure alignment with and support of the Global Brand Planning Process
• Works closely with functional teams (Medical and Value Strategy and Access) to ensure appropriate input into Brand Strategy and that Functional Tactical Plans are tightly linked to overall Brand Strategy
• Listening and Relating: Demonstrated ability to empathically listen to the needs of internal customers and anticipate needs
• Communication skills: Ability to effectively communicate in an emotionally intelligent way across a diverse array stakeholders
• Influencing: Ability to build network of trust-based relationships and leverage that network to gain alignment on key business issues
• Solutions oriented: Ability to identify opportunities for brand teams based on best practices from other brand plans and launches, and make appropriate recommendations
• Cross-functional collaboration: Experienced in leading cross-functional teams in the facilitation of strategic and operational decisions
• Global-local collaboration: Ability to work collaboratively with Regional and Country stakeholders to ensure best in class brand planning and launch readiness
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in Sciences or Business preferred
• 10+ Years' experience in pharmaceutical marketing leadership, ideally at the Global and Country level, or related consulting experience
• Launch leadership experience at the Global or Country level, or related consulting experience
• Preferred experience driving large scale change or capability building initiatives in a large complex organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.