About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Global Marketing Lead, TTR-FAP is responsible for leading the development and execution of the global marketing activities for Vyndaqel in Transthyretin Familial Polyneuropathy (TTR-FAP,) a rare and fatal disease. The product is launched for this indication in the EU, Japan, Argentina and Mexico with a pending launch in Brazil. There are also potential plans to launch in several other countries including the US. Vyndaqel is the fastest growing product in the company Rare Disease portfolio, and is also in development for cardiomyopathy.
The individual will be the commercial lead for the TTR-FAP indication. This person will work alongside regional marketing leads for North America, International Developed Markets and Emerging Markets to develop and execute on the brand priorities.
As mentioned above, Vyndaqel is also being developed for the indication of cardiomyopathy. Therefore, close coordination and alignment with the commercial lead for cardiomyopathy will be critical to ensure that the global and regional strategies for the asset and franchise are optimized. The ability to lead, and coordinate, across multiple teams and launches in global markets, requires an experienced launch and/or new product planning skill set for this position.
This role will also be the Commercial Lead of the TTR-FAP Commercial Sub Team of the Global Medicine Team. This position reports to the Global Marketing Lead, TTR-Amyloidosis.
• Lead global marketing efforts for Vyndaqel TTR-FAP. Core responsibilities include defining and executing market development strategies, updating global brand plan, plan and coordinate global congresses, ensure launch excellence in new markets by assisting regional / country marketing teams.
• Lead the Commercial Sub team for TTR-FAP with coordination and leadership of the brand with the regional marketing leads and support functions across functional lines
• This role is responsible to develop global expansion strategies, patient identification strategies through engagement with regional leads to ensure global/regional alignment.
• Commercial strategist with responsibility for:
- Evolution of patient journey and insights
- Market development plans
- Collaboration with community engagement team to drive patient and local advocacy initiatives
- Development, transplantation and communication of scientific and unbranded narrative / message platform across key stakeholders
- Core asset development activities, including branding elements and positioning frameworks
- Product differentiation based on market needs and product label alignment
- Competitive insights and strategy planning
- Lifecycle planning
- Input into market access strategy
- Collaboration with Corporate Affairs to drive regional and/or national public policy initiatives
- Oversight of budgets and LRF
- Development of operating plans
• Collaborative engagement with both internal and external stakeholder groups including Advocacy groups, KOLs, Rare Disease regional membership, Community Engagement, Global Product Development, Medical Affairs, Corporate Affairs, Clinical Ops and Development, GH&V, Regulatory, PGS and WRD.
• Make appropriate strategic and investment recommendations to Global Innovative Health and the company governance, including Rare Disease BD-PC, Operating Committee & LT, DevCo, PSI and BDC as needed.
• Prior experience in global marketing and commercial strategy with knowledge of asset development required, launch experience, and/or in line marketing preferred.
• Knowledge of rare disease space preferred
• Demonstrated capabilities in mastering complex strategic decision-making and trade-offs, global market prioritization, and team leadership
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Strategic, business analysis and financial skills, and commercial planning skills
• Proficiency in engaging with leadership at an enterprise, regional and country level
• Strong communication/influencing and active listening skills
• Experience of accurate revenue forecasting and assumption generation
• Demonstrated ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships to influence; networking skills; strong customer focus (e.g., ability to achieve win/win resolutions with key stakeholders)
• Ability to frame projects to clearly define objectives, workplan, key stakeholders, and decision-making process
• Ability to synthesize complex information and distill critical customer driven insights to drive strategic planning
• Proven experience in execution - ability to bring strategy and analysis to a tactical level and to initiate projects and drive to completion
• Strong project management skills with ability to rebalance priorities on a regular basis and to quickly assume responsibility in a multi-tasking environment
• Enthusiasm, self-motivation, confidence, tenacity and high energy are essential
• Bachelor's degree plus 10+ years pharmaceutical industry experience with 7-10 years product marketing experience is required or with an MBA minimum 8 years pharmaceutical industry experience with 6 years product marketing experience
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.