The Senior Manager, Cardiovascular Device Platforms is responsible for executing against key Life Cycle Management (LCM) strategic recommendations with a primary focus on medical device related activities. Specific areas of execution include: developing positioning and messaging for devices, mapping the evolution of device platforms over time and ensuring continuity in the patient experience, leading the appropriate market research and generating insights to support development of promotional messaging for the devices, mapping the message evolution to support the brand vision and strategic imperatives, assessing technology options to enable development of a robust patient and prescriber digital ecosystem, and ensuring that the new device related activities are supported by appropriate Amgen processes to minimize barriers upon availability of the new device and/or formulation. This will be accomplished by gaining a solid understanding of the therapeutic area, customer needs, and market research.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare markets for new devices/formulations by mapping the positioning and messaging based on market insights and customer/patient needs
- Prepare key training materials for markets preparing to the launch the new devices to ensure appropriate use of the device by patients and Health Care Providers
- Work with internal Amgen technology and Customer Experience teams to develop a global plan that maps the digital ecosystem for patients and prescribers
- Support select life cycle management (LCM) activities, such as global workshops, to generate ideas to support long term brand growth
- Serve as the interface with cross-functional teams as it relates to device initiatives and activities (e.g., customer experience, engineering, operations, clinical, market research)
- Primary responsibilities will evolve as device platforms are launched and based on brand/business related needs
Doctorate degree and 2 years of marketing and/or medical device development experience
Master's degree and 4 years of marketing and/or medical device development experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of marketing and/or medical device development experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of marketing and/or medical device development experience
High school diploma/GED and 12 years of marketing and/or medical device development experience Preferred Qualifications
- 6+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience with strong experience with
successful product launches
- Relevant therapeutic area experience (sales, marketing and/or payer experience, device)
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work and influence effectively within a matrix structure
- Demonstrated ability to work with agency partners to develop impactful messaging that is based on market insights
- Excellent written, analytical and verbal communication skills
- Strong business judgment and emotional intelligence
- Act as a role model for others in line with Amgen values
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Join Us If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A little about us:
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.