A mgen's Customer Experience (CX) group is recruiting for a Design Innovation Senior Manager, located at Amgen's site in Cambridge, MA. This role involves both strategic planning and design thinking, and supports problem and solution identification that adds value to Amgen's therapeutic areas, customer experience, and overall health care.
Working within a highly regulated pharmaceutical arena, CX team members are building new organizational capabilities. CX focus currently spans two areas of expertise: 1) the Amgen Injection/Delivery Experience; 2) the Competitive Customer Experience. Each area has specific expertise and deliverables. The Design Innovation Senior Manager is in the Amgen Injection/Delivery Experience area and has primary responsibility to liaison and bridge with other innovation teams in the areas of Drug Delivery Technology, Amgen Digital Health, and others. The Senior Manager will converse with cross-functional partners as well as foster team integration and leverage best practices.
The strategic role will guide an insight-based and human-centered approach to problem and solution identification. Once opportunities have been prioritized, the role manages insight work to understand the perspectives of patients, caregivers, and professional health providers in order to learn the core problems they're facing when managing a health condition. The role will facilitate ideation workshops (internal and external audiences) to co-create solution hypotheses as well as supervise the prototyping and testing of concepts to ensure the diverse needs of our customers are addressed. Deliverables include identification of root cause issues and viable options for integrated concept solutions.
The role involves communication with a range of stakeholders including global marketing, market research, country/regional business, regulatory, legal, and more. Responsible for the quality of multiple and concurrent projects with critical deadlines, the Senior Manager will quickly adjust priorities and methods. The Senior Manager clearly defines program objectives and deliverables as well as troubleshoots potential risks. To leverage the full power of CX expertise, the role pulls in CX members to support programs and selects and manages vendors to achieve the best possible results.
- Design thinking and planning for CX Drug Delivery and Beyond the Drug Innovation
- Define and support development of CX capabilities
- Drive leadership of projects, managing inside and outside resources.
- Thought partnership for identifying problems and best-in-class solutions.
- Lead analysis for insight creation and relevant patient journey frameworks.
- Translate insights into solutions
- Manage projects and initiatives set forth in the CX annual plan
- Manage multiple projects with critical deadlines
- Manage external vendors' onboarding, relationships, and quality of results
- Partner cross-functionally to develop and implements project briefs
- Quickly adjust to address ever-changing business challenges
- Manages CX global marketing budget, and coordinates with Global Marketing Budget Coordinator for invoicing and purchase order, track invoices and payments for certain contracted entities such as consultants for aggregate spend reporting as needed.
- Liaise with Marketing Managers, Compliance, Contracting, and Global Strategic Sourcing, and Contracted entities to ensure all pertinent forms, attestations and evaluations are completed and processed in a timely manner
- Ensure CX activities are performed and documented in accordance with company standards (SOPs) and regulatory requirements
The role also includes travel to Amgen's corporate headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA and other sites to support Amgen's innovation partners.
Domestic travel will be approximately 25%.
International travel is possible (less than 5%).
Doctorate degree and 2 years of strategic design/planning experience
Master's degree and 4 years of strategic design/planning experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of strategic design/planning experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of strategic design/planning experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of strategic design/planning experience
- 5+ years of experience with strategic design/planning experience
- 2+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry addressing chronic illness
- Familiarity and interest in insight-driven service design solutions
- Basic understanding of technologies and how they can be used to support therapy management
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, experience producing business results, and outstanding organizational skills.
- Previous experience developing and communicating business strategy
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to proactively problem-solve in a matrix environment
- Proven Management experience with projects & vendors
- Experience working with patients and HIPAA
The Senior Manager is expected to bring an inquisitive mind and breadth of expertise in healthcare to the organization. A strong background in design methods, patient journeys, qualitative research, and understanding patients' needs are foundational cornerstones for this role as well as experience in the subspecialty areas of behavior design and system thinking.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Join Us If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.