About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Global Medical Affairs Team Lead (MA TL) for Gastroenterology will provide leadership to the Global Medical Affairs Gastroenterology team, collaborating with the respective Program and Asset Team Leaders in the Business and Research Units in developing product strategy and ensuring consistency of approach and deliverables for Global Medical Affairs activities. The Global MA TL will lead a team of Medical colleagues, manage medical resources, and ensure that global medical plans supporting Xeljanz for ulcerative colitis (UC) are successfully developed and executed to achieve short- and long-term objectives. The Global MA TL reports to the Inflammation and Immunology Global Medical Affairs Lead VP and will develop strong relationships with all cross functional team leadership related to the assets in their groups in order to develop asset strategies and tactics and drive alignment.
• Launch and Lifecycle Planning: Provide medical leadership for the development and execution of launch and lifecycle strategies and plans for Xeljanz in UC.
• Business Plan Development: Lead the development of strategies and tactics to support global medical product needs, and ensure delivery of Global Medical Plans for assets. Oversee and coordinate medical input into brand strategies and tactics ensuring global and regional medical needs.
• Publication Planning: Lead the development and implementation of global publication plans.
• Customer Insight Planning: Provide leadership for the development and implementation of customer insight planning (including Advisory Boards) to gather expert guidance to advise medical planning. Coordinate regional input into global Advisory Board planning, support implementation and presentations (as needed).
• Materials Development & Review: Ensure Medical accuracy of content for materials and training. Provide Global Commercial Development support in the development of promotional activities. Partner with legal and regulatory colleagues to ensure compliant and accurate content.
• Medical Customer Planning: Lead the engagement of HQ team with the external community including KOLs and other external stakeholders to ensure that medical strategies reflect customer needs.
• MA Alignment: Ensure effective cross-functional alignment in customer facing activities and represent the company externally in the respective Specialty therapeutic area.
• Coordinate and participate in key Medical Affairs activities including MA input for regulatory interactions, safety updates, advisory board development and execution.
• Internal Communication: Align the voices of Global and Regional Medical Affairs, representing the Medical Affairs I&I team in internal forums. Ensure regional needs are considered and represented in global strategies and plans. Develop and strengthen partnerships among key stakeholders.
• Build organizational capability: Build trust among team members and broader stakeholders by setting a highly visible example of medical excellence. Actively support development of direct reports, providing insights, direction, and opportunities.
• Proactively incorporates patients' & physicians' voice in the development strategy across Inflammation and Immunology, to provide medicines meeting their needs, as well as the needs of customers, including payers
• Ensures aligned medical input into the global commercial strategy and its implementation
• Applies clinical knowledge as required
Responsible for managing resources and budgets related to specific product initiatives and program and direct people management. However, he/she takes on leadership roles in the management of projects and cross-functional initiatives.
PhD or PharmD
• Expertise in gastroenterology and inflammatory bowel disease is required
• Minimum seven (7) years of industry experience preferred with at least five (5) years of Medical Affairs experience including launch experience
• People management experience is required
• Experience with patient care, especially in gastroenterology preferred
• Highly motivated with demonstrated track record of high performance, project execution and producing outstanding results
• Capable of comprehending and communicating in a clear, concise manner a large amount of scientific information
• An ability to lead and manage in a matrixed structure and in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to lead strategy development
• Significant, direct experience servicing customer needs, demonstrated ability to work with multiple clients and stakeholders.
• Clear networking and alliance building capabilities with an ability to influence and develop others, and navigate the internal processes
• An ability to be flexible and to be innovative
• Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships through partnering, anticipating needs, fulfilling expectations
Fluency in written and spoken English required, with excellent communication skills
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Travel at least 20% at times.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.