As a PepsiCo Global Network Engineer, this position will be responsible developing solutions for PepsiCo's Enterprise routing, switching, WAN, LAN, MAN, and WLAN environments. This role will be required to work globally with diverse resources internally and externally through third party vendors. The ultimate goal for this Senior Network Engineer is to become a trusted partner within our engineering team through the delivery of excellent customer service and knowledge that will allow our business partners to grow. This opportunity will have excellent visibility with our engineering department, will partner with BIS Network Architecture, and will provide potential for moving into more senior levels of responsibility in the future. Qualifications/Requirements
This position requires a minimum of 10 years with experience in enterprise routing, protocols, switching, WAN, LAN , MAN , WLAN, data circuits, firewall, proxies, load balancer, authentication services, DNS/DHCP, VOIP, NAC/GNAC/NPL. Candidate should have 8-10 experience in designing and deploying enterprise network solutions including all aspects of network services.
The ideal candidate will have technical networking expertise and background to join a distributed global team and would office in Plano, Texas. The team's responsibilities primarily include designing network device solutions according that need specific business requirements.
- Design, plan, deploy, and optimize WAN, LAN, and wireless networks.
- Develop wireless network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization.
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to deployment.
- Train and mentor other engineers, peers, service providers, and internal business partners.
- Use monitoring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment settings for optimal performance
- Creates bill of materials, presentations, manuals, run books, technical diagrams, and basic support documentation.
- Recommends methods to optimize existing network by analyzing current solutions.
- Creates robust network solutions to eliminate obsolete technologies, develops technical and funding requirements, successfully creates and executes details plans to implement, test, and validate solutions.
- Some travel may be required
Not Eligible for Relocation