At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Global New Product Marketer for Electronics & Energy Business Group (EEBG) located in Austin, TX. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Global New Product Marketer will be responsible for identifying, defining and executing new product opportunities for the Global Electrical products business. We are seeking an individual with strong leadership skills who is comfortable working within a matrix organization with an appropriate entrepreneurial attitude of taking the business to a new level by identifying and communicating opportunities, and translating this into concrete, realistic, and relevant action plans which they execute and manage through to completion. The individual must navigate complex situations and organizational challenges. Flexibility, urgency, managing ambiguity, and leadership, in response to multiple priorities and constraints, and limited data and communications, will be critical.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
New Product Development and Launch
- Identify and define significant new market/product opportunities to meet sales and growth objectives
- Develop crisp product concepts/proposals incorporating sound analytics, customer insights, and financial justification
- Provide marketing/thought leadership to development team in such areas as Voice of Customer and new product development phase gate process deliverables
- Utilize primary and secondary research in pursuing new product concepts
- Lead / participate in cross-functional sales, marketing, technical and business teams tasked with creating and driving new product plans to completion, ensuring the team delivers on market-driven requirements
- Develop and implement on-line and off-line literature / content, tools and training to successfully launch new products
- Develop and deliver product training to sales representatives, division personnel, channel partners, distributors and / or customers
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined experience in product marketing, product management and/or technical product development
- Master's degree or higher in Business Administration, Marketing, or Strategy
- Experience identifying and understanding customer pain points and translating into actionable new product ideas
- Experience defining and leading primary and secondary research programs to conduct Voice of Customer and other activities integral to new product development
- Experience in the NPI phase gate development processes
- Experience communicating and presenting to a variety of audiences (internal, customer)
- Experience working cross-functionally to develop and launch new products
- Solid analytical skills - ability to effectively move from analysis to insight and execution
- Understands and anticipates market data / trends and customer needs
- Experience in the electrical construction industry
Location: Austin, TX
Travel: May include up to 25%
Relocation: Is authorized within country per 3M relocation policy
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.