PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
The Office of the Global General Counsel (Global OGC) serves the Network Leadership and the Global Network of Firms (the Network), providing dedicated legal support in the following areas: Litigation and Regulatory Matters, Counselling, Corporate/Commercial matters, Technology, IP and Data Protection.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Juris Doctorate (JD) or Master of Laws (LLM) degree
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Technology and intellectual property, including privacy and data protection, information management, technology outsourcing and procurement, software development, and data and analytics;
- Data privacy laws, including European Union data privacy requirements;
- Contracting with cloud service providers and data/services hosted by third parties;
- Complex technology agreements for international organizations; and,
- Licensing, data security, and data privacy contracting matters, including the application of European Union data privacy laws and regulations.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Recommending improvements in the process as it relates to negotiating global agreements;
- Providing timely and effective support on technology contracting matters;
- Obtaining feedback from internal stakeholders on effectiveness of service;
- Reviewing and drafting contracts and managing negotiations with external vendors;
- Supporting different members of a network and gathering input and requirements for global agreements;
- Preparing presentations and communications for stakeholders on technology contracting matters;
- Acting as a contracting specialist for technology transactions;
- Identifying and analyzing complex legal/regulatory/business issues and providing appropriate legal advice regarding applicable legal and professional standards, often on a time-sensitive basis;
- Managing outside counsel expenses to obtain optimal outcome;
- Managing multiple cases/matters/projects and/or teams of internal and/or external resources;
- Investigating legal issues and formulating views about potential legal problems; and,
- Advising business stakeholders on legal issues and recommendations to safeguard interests.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.