Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Are you keen to work in a dynamic environment where you can bring in your innovative ideas and work cross-functionally to boost Dell EMC Sales? We are looking for a Global Portfolio Business Managers with a Programs and Plays focus to join us within the Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) Center of Competence (CoC).
We at Dell EMC are making strong progress in our vision to become the essential infrastructure company from the edge to the data center to the cloud, and a leader in the 4th industrial revolution. Our family of businesses are strong together and our team members make us even stronger. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential.
The ISG Center of Competence (CoC) is the conduit between the Product Business Units and their routes to market. The CoC creates and drives the operating plan to achieve the annual operating plan (AOP) for Storage, Data Protection, CI, Networking, and Solutions. It also collaborates closely with other teams on our multi-year strategic initiatives, providing the nerve center to ensure successful implementation. The Portfolio Business Manager (PBM) within the COC has specific product business unit alignment responsibilities from a global prospective. Within the Global PBM role there are also strategic programs and plays roles that focus on specific PBU's and plays to designed to drive the revenue necessary to meet and exceed our goals. Key Responsibilities Overview
Collaborate with the global portfolio business mangers aligned to the different product business units (PBU) or vertical category you are aligned too. Primary Storage (High-End & Mid-Range), CPSD (CI & HCI), Data Protection, Solutions and Channels. Work with the key stake holders with the COC and PBUs to then design, execute and measure the key programs and plays needed to drive the annual revenue goals and growth targets globally with forethought for local theater execution. Specific Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Collaborate with the COC team as they build the global 6P ( Programs, Product, Pricing, Packaging etc) operational plans strategically aligned to PBU strategies, ISG priorities & IOP/AOP goals
- Design the global programs/plays, how we measure, execute and report globally and in theater
- Develop plays and programs - account selection plan, regional goal setting, program tracking and measurement to adjust plans, etc.
- Call the ball on product positioning where necessary to align to program and play execution.
- Determine the resources and assets required to successfully implement the plan
- Coordinate between multiple PBU and regional stakeholders
- Align with and cascade plans to regional PBU teams to ensure global consistency
- Strong Execution experience with both regional and global sales plays, programs and channel programs
- Knowledge of how plays are created, executed and measured across either heritage Dell or heritage EMC system
- Strong communication skills (including presentations to groups) and a proven track record in interfacing with customers
- Experience with product positioning and how sales and presales teams are best enabled to execute specific sales tasks for success a real plus.
- History or experience with global enablement, channel or direct sales plays/programs a plus.
- Experience working with diverse teams, locally and globally to gain buy in and execution sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated experience being able to manage through influence.
- Experience in using various reporting and communications styles to help keep focus and pin point where there is room for improvement.
- Min - Undergraduate College Degree
- 5+ years' experience in technology sales, programs, operations, marketing, channel, or field sales enablement preferred
- Depending on location in North America, travel up to 25% could be required. Location proximity to Boston or Austin a big plus.
Job Family: Marketing
Job ID: R22350