DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting a Global Planning Manager for the Power Tools business unit located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The position is responsible for all Plan functions for the Power Tools business unit within the DePuy Synthes Supply Chain Organization. These functions include Demand Planning, Sales & Operations Planning, Inventory Management, and Supply Planning. The position has direct reports located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and Zuchwil, Switzerland with an indirect report located in Singapore. The position will report to the Plan VP for Depuy Synthes with dotted line reporting to the Power Tools Director of Operations
• Accountable for all Plan related outcomes including Customer Service, Inventory (Dollars and Days of Supply), and Forecast Accuracy.
• Define the Demand Planning strategy for Power Tools
• Lead the Demand Planning team to achieve forecast accuracy targets through Statistical Forecasting, incorporation of Market Intelligence, and Product Lifecycle Management.
• Measure, track & report forecast accuracy and corrective actions to drive improved outputs.
• Implement S&OP policies, standards, guidelines, technology and procedures
• Accountable for the execution of the global S&OP Process
• Interface for Board level commercial, finance and supply chain partners – supporting Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting & business analysis
• Manage the Production Planning team for the Palm Beach Gardens plant:
o Manage capacity planning requirements
o Plan and prepare production schedules for manufacturing through subordinate planners and schedulers
o Develop and implement production planning policies, standards, guidelines, technology and procedures.
o Partner with Procurement to drive Supplier performance improvement including quality and on-time delivery.
o Optimize inventory investments, and meet production requirements, safety targets, and non-conformance / quality improvement goals.
• Develop and maintain capacity planning tools to support the two Power Tools production facilities and external suppliers.
• Responsible for identifying and driving improvements in all Plan functions: S&OP, demand, inventory, and supply planning processes, including master data and all planning parameters.
• Responsible for collaborating across regions and business units to ensure alignment on strategic priorities
• Responsible for all direct, indirect, and intercompany purchasing spend for the Palm Beach Gardens site. Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
• MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
• Process Excellence training or certifications are preferred
• Supply Chain certifications (including APICS, Lean Six Sigma) are preferred
• Minimum 8 years general supply chain experience including Manufacturing, Logistics, Procurement, or Planning is required
• Minimum 4 years of Supply Chain Planning experience is required
• Minimum 4 years of people management experience is required
• Experience with ERP or Advanced Planning Systems (eg, SAP-APO or
OM Partners) is preferred
• Strong project management skills are preferred
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required
• Up to 15% travel domestically and internationally is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Capabilities:
• Understanding of end to end supply chain interactions and interdependencies is required
• Strong analytical skills are required
• Ability to influence at all levels. Works in close collaboration with R&D, manufacturing, commercial, and finance partners to ensure aligned business decisions are driven and appropriately communicated throughout the organization is required
• Ability to build strong collaborative teams and relationships is required
• Ability to develop, coach, and lead the Power Tools planning team is requiredPrimary Location
United States-Florida-Palm Beach GardensOrganization
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Production PlanningRequisition ID