At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Global Portfolio Manager for the Pavement Marking business in the Transportation Safety Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Global Portfolio Manager
will lead our global Pavement Marking business within the Transportation Safety business unit. The Pavement Marking business is one of the "franchise" portfolios for the Transportation Safety Division and receives high visibility from the executive management team. This role will be responsible for defining and implementing strategy across our global structure, leading the development and deployment of marketing programs, managing the global product portfolio and helping to further our new 3M™ Connected Roads initiatives. The Global Portfolio Manager will report to the Global Business Manager for Roadway Materials. The Division has a strong strategic intent to "Bring families home safely". This is a great opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic division that is creating a new future.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the global Pavement Marking Business P&L
- Development and execution of global portfolio strategic & marketing plans
- Responsible for new product roadmap, being the Product Owner for the Pavement Marking Scrum Team and executing global new product launches
- Develop and execute marketing programs and tactics for product portfolio optimization, promotions, channels, pricing, and other elements of the marketing mix to accelerate subsidiary execution
- Develop full global competitive understanding of the portfolio and drive global strategies and tools to improve market share position
- Lead, leverage and influence resources across work areas, departments and businesses to create solutions and drive key programs
- Manage Health of the portfolio and coordinate with cross functional teams on all related issues (including SKU Rationalization, Global Demand Planning, Regulatory and Product Quality issues)
- Shares division strategic intent of "We bring families home safely" and demonstrates company values
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) combined years of product marketing, digital marketing, and/or integrated marketing communications experience
- MBA or Master's degree with an emphasis on Business, Strategy or Marketing
- Experience working with Government Agencies
- Global business experience working with subsidiaries
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience and success in New Product Introductions (NPI)
- Results-oriented, self-motivated individual with proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet business needs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills and ability to work well with cross-functional global teams
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.