How do you get athletes and exercisers to play harder and perform better for longer amounts of time? How do you lower salt by 25 to 50 percent without taking away the taste people love? How do you balance biological needs with cultural wants, while minimizing impacts to local ecosystems? At PepsiCo, we're rethinking research and development to look beyond flavor, color and intensity of taste. As we study and understand how the body metabolizes foods and beverages, we're designing convenience products that make it easier for consumers to lead healthier lifestyles. Our global team of scientists, engineers, and quality professionals are working to develop new products that can improve people's diets and their lives. Join our team of experts who use the most advance technologies and scientific methods with the purpose of improving lives every day.Our ideal Process Engineer will:
Lead process development and commercialization of regional and global Nutrition Category innovation initiatives in both Beverage and Foods platforms. Role will be located at the Naked Juice headquarters in Monrovia, CA, and function as the primary contact for the GCI team (Game Changing Innovation). Projects assignments will also be made supporting other brands within the Nutrition Category.
- Lead identification, design, development, testing and qualification of process systems in support of new product launches regionally and globally.
- Lead process technical assessments and scale-up tests at manufacturing locations, data collection/analysis and timely communication of trip reports highlighting results and key next steps.
- Effectively manage projects through the technical stage gate process, highlighting risks, impact and mitigation plans accordingly to deliver new innovation on time, within budget and in compliance with all design specification.
- Work with and support Food Safety and Quality to ensure all components and process systems are capable of producing and sustaining safe and stable products.
- Identify and lead collaboration efforts to improve efficiency, reduce risk and minimize costs in our processes and systems.
- Determine and lead internal and external resources to commercialize new products. May supervise employees and will mentor junior engineers.
- Proactively identify skill/capability and system gaps when encountered. Propose corrective actions including coaching, training courses and new/modified processes.
- Design and execute DOE to screen, model, verify and ensure statistical capability and robustness of pilot and commercial processes.
- B.S., M.S. or PhD. in Chemical, Mechanical or Food Engineering with a minimum 8 years process engineering/development/commercialization experience in Food & Beverage or Pharmaceutical.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and direct/motivate project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers.
- Demonstrated performance in developing and commercializing new products/technology in collaboration with Quality, Food Safety, Supply Chain, Marketing, etc.
- Knowledge with formal training preferred in TQM and SPC. Green belt preferred.
- Experience working within Technical Stage Gate process framework.
- Ability to travel within local region and internationally estimated 25%.
Eligible for Limited Relocation