Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Global Procurement Business Partner in our Cambridge Massachusetts office.
At Takeda, we create an environment that empowers our employees to shine. As a Global Procurement Business Partner you’ll join a dynamic Global Procurement team which aspires to bring Better Health and a Brighter Future to people worldwide. You’ll operate at the heart of the business, working in partnership to create strong and robust relationships that deliver a competitive and sustainable Procurement capability and exceptional value for Takeda.
This position will lead procurement for a large and / or global business unit and be the senior level contact interface with the category and regional Procurement organizations. It is responsible for ensuring the global business unit’s goals and strategy are met and accounted for in the Procurement Organization’s strategies, plans and activities. The Global Procurement Business Partner will be a critical member of the business unit’s Leadership Team.
- Understand the business unit’s strategy and challenges, in the context of Takeda’s future direction to successfully adapt the appropriate Procurement strategies, structure and approach to cost-effectively support the evolving needs of Takeda.
- Establish strong relationships with key business partners while working closely with category managers, as well as key business unit stakeholders.
- Ensure high level of reliability in customer delivery and maintain strong strategic relationships and partnerships with suppliers.
- Through the application of rigorous tools, processes, systems, and techniques provide material and measurable business value (operational, financial, risk, innovation) to the business unit and corporation.
- Monitor and actively communicate the appropriate KPIs, policy changes and best practices to the business unit on behalf of Procurement.
- Ensure alignment between category activities and business unit requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement while ensuring compliance, and improving efficiencies and effectiveness.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree required
- 8+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience
- 10+ years overall business experience, with at least 5 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- 4+ years prior experience procuring relevant goods and services for a similar business unit or company
- Demonstrated success leading global teams to achieving documented savings through various sourcing strategies
- Documented experience leading cost reduction and value improvement programs
- 12+ years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience including sourcing of services and other categories, contract negotiations and supplier management programs
- Marketing category experience
- Professional certifications, memberships desired: CPM, CPA, ISM, NBTA
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. International travel will be required.
- Requires approximately 30 % travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.