Monsanto Procurement Supply Chain teams are seeking talented individuals who desire a high quality Procurement Co-op experience that sets the stage for potential future possibilities within Monsanto and expands your skills to become a marketable candidate upon graduation. Our Co-op program spans 25 years of program experience, connects you with working and executive teams and has resulted in positive contributions to the profession, the individuals involved and society at large. This is an opportunity to join one of the greatest companies to work for and gain experience that will last a lifetime! Job Summary:
This position works closely with the Category Managers and Buyers, and supports global procurement operations and key stakeholders in an enriched experience to:
• Provide support to the Category Managers and Buyers on sourcing initiatives
• Provide procurement support and coverage on national, regional, and local spend categories, ensuring competitive cost sourcing of quality goods and services;
• Ensures the most efficient and accurate processing and documentation of transactions, with the overall goal of minimizing the total cost of transactions without impacting service levels.
• Monitor and manage key performance indicators and supplier relationships Responsibilities:
• Facilitate bids, analysis and negotiations for goods and services
• Accurate and timely processing of all purchase orders according to Monsanto's standard process.
• Manage the day-to-day business relationship with key suppliers through supporting activities including ordering, communication of demand/ volume/ delivery time changes, issue resolution, sharing of end-user feedback, follow up on backorders, etc.
• Review and negotiate basic terms of agreements
• Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of suppliers and capabilities.
• Assist with contract development and execution
• Manage supplier relationships to ensure continuity of good and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company
• Identifying, prioritizing and impacting key business opportunities
• Drive implementation of global/regional agreements
• Working with stakeholders and leadership teams to implement and enforcing polices that increase spend visibility and compliance.
• Helps develop and implement global standards
• Serve as an escalation point to resolve problems within the Purchase to Pay process
• Contribute to the cost savings goal through process efficiency
• Work with Management to report and monitor process compliance
• Collaborate and communicate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
We are seeking students who meet the following criteria:
- Support Monsanto's Women and Minority Business Enterprise Program.
• Current enrollment within a Supply Chain Management, Ag Business, International Business, Economics or Finance bachelor with plans to graduate no earlier than 6 months upon completion of co-op assignment
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
• Willingness and ability to pass background check and drug screening
• Willingness and ability to commit to a 6-month assignment
(January-June or June-December)
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite and SAP preferred
• Previous related experience is a strong plus
• Personal transportation for daily commute
In addition to meeting the above criteria, the most competitive students for this program also possess:
• Ability to analyze data
• Strong demonstrated organizational skills
• High level of enthusiasm for the purchasing and logistics profession
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• High level of maturity
• Strong willingness and demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly
• Strong Results orientation
• Negotiation skills
• Knowledge of purchasing and a basic understanding of the materials and supply chain management functions preferred
Monsanto is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.