This role is responsible for managing the day to day folding carton supply across multiple divisions of PepsiCo which includes PBC, PBV, the Independent Bottlers. These brands include Pepsi, Aquafina, Mt. Dew, Sierra Mist, and several Allied branded beverages. Management scope includes ~3+ folding carton suppliers who produce approx. 1000 SKU's for multiple customers at ~ 100 production facilities. Primary responsibilities have been focused on the following:
The accountabilities for this role will include:
- Supporting NAB Paperboard packaging AOP strategy
- Supplier management and development
- Drive/manage/support execution of productivity initiatives
- Working collaboratively across functions (Supply Chain, R&D, Finance, Marketing Services, etc.) to support the national launch of existing and new packaging formats
- Oversee the category management for graphic changes, promotions, and sku innovation.
- Quality assurance
- Manage NAB Paperboard packaging category across 3 suppliers with annual spend of $150MM.
- Identify, develop, lead and deliver productivity to support AOP and inflation offset.
- Drive innovation and provide economics, sourcing and supply for NAB Paperboard packaging.
- Work with team to execute RFP's every two years.
- Collaborate with R&D and suppliers on any testing of identified VE projects and qualifications of new items.
- Collaborate effectively within function and across functions to ensure on-time delivery of new packaging.
- Assisting Sr. Manager of Paperboard packaging in developing the AOP and ensuing PBU forecast updates.
- Develop technical baseline understanding of Paperboard packaging conversion process.
- Negotiate and approve pricing for new Paperboard sku's.
- Ensure on time deliveries of materials and timely resolution to all reported supplier quality issues.
- Develop the skills needed to determine sourcing based on supplier capacity, technical capabilities, and business need.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Engineering, Packaging, Business Management, or similar field. MBA a plus but not required.
- Related experience in finance, packaging, supply planning
- Advanced communication skills, enabling influence and efficiencies across functions, divisions, customers and suppliers, at all levels
- Ability to manage programs and successfully function in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to manage vendors
- Familiarity to PowerSteering is a plus
- Demonstrated strong leadership, project management, and data analysis
Not Eligible for Relocation