This Senior Purchasing Manager position will primarily be responsible for supporting the activities of the Global Telecom Center of Excellence for PepsiCo. The Telecom category includes: wireless & wire line voice & data services, enterprise network services, voice and video conferencing services and hosting services.
Key responsibilities will include conducting competitive bidding events, developing Statements of Work, obtaining stakeholder approvals, mining category spend and usage data, optimizing current business process', etc.
In the performance of these duties, the Senior Purchasing Manager will attend internal client meetings, conduct meetings with suppliers, communicate project status, obtain proposals, information & quotes, develop and review statements of work and perform basic financial analysis. The position does not require travel, although it includes working with suppliers and internal stakeholders in many parts of the globe. Key Responsibilities:
- Support Telecom initiatives, which may encompass the gathering of baseline data, the creation of RFX documents, conducting negotiations and finalizing all contract discussions up to final execution and rollout.
- Creation and editing of contractual documents in cooperation with client (who will do the technical writing), including Statements of Work, Master agreements and various type of order forms.
- Research and track spend by category and by supplier and develop simple processes and tools to maintain this information on an ongoing basis.
- Work closely with the PepsiCo Law Department & Finance Team to ensure full PepsiCo leverage and protection through the development of solid agreements. Develop regular communications with clients, including periodic executive updates.
- Bachelors degree in Sourcing or similar Procurement related field
- MBA is desirable
- 5-10 years in Procurement related to the Telecom industry
Not Eligible for Relocation