The Product Assessment (PA) Team in Biotechnology Trait Testing is seeking an innovative, motivated, and energetic scientist for its Weed Control Systems Testing team. The Global Product Assessment Scientist will drive field herbicide formulation and trait development testing across crops and functions and deliver product recommendations. The role will utilize scientific and project leadership, field trial experimentation, and collaboration across functions and teams to meet key project deliverables. The Product Assessment Scientist collaborates with Project Teams in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Regulatory, IT, and Breeding to leverage broad knowledge in protocol design, assessment, and field testing strategies. The successful applicant will value and leverage team diversity and personal development to achieve results.
Sustainable agriculture is at the core of Monsanto. Our best-in-class technologies deliver sustainable agriculture solutions that enable farmers to produce more crops while conserving precious natural resources. Monsanto Technology is comprised of a multifaceted group of scientists working together to revolutionize crop protection chemistries, plant breeding, and biotechnology. Monsanto is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a top 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and by Great Place to Work's Top 25 World's Best Multinational Workplaces.
Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
The Global Product Assessment Scientist provides leadership in the following areas:
• Product Development & Field Assessment- Design and execute multi-year field testing strategies for weed and herbicide trait control product concepts involving chemical and biotechnology solutions across crops.
• Pest/Crop Expertise- Provide expertise and scientific innovation in weed science, plant biology, crop science, agronomy, and understanding of pest/plant and environment chemistry-plant interactions.
• Decisions & Product Advancements- Drive scientific analysis and decision making with partners for development of product concepts advancing through the pipeline.
• Providing technical leadership to cross-functional teams, effectively designing field studies to support crop expansion of pest and pathogen control solutions.
• Conducting collaborative research with chemistry formulation scientists, breeders, research scientists and external cooperators.
• Manage planning schedules & deadlines for field trials, strategic plan development, resource forecasting, and development of protocol and criteria for product advancement decisions.
• Field trial and data analysis, results interpretation and summary, and communication of advancement recommendations.
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of a Master's degree in Weed Science, Agronomy or related scientific field.
• Minimum of two or more years of experience managing weed control field trials for evaluation of efficacy and crop safety.
• Ability to analyze scientific results, draw conclusions and clearly communicate technical recommendations to stakeholders to influence and drive outcomes.
• Working IT and statistical knowledge and experience.
• Ability to build and continuously expand relationships with internal partners.
• Well organized, self-motivated, and results oriented with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to travel domestically and work in an outdoor environment in extreme weather conditions at times during growing season.
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
• PhD in Weed Science, Agronomy, Plant Ecology or related scientific field.
• Five or more years of experience managing field trials for product evaluation including herbicide treatments, biotech traits, insecticide and/or biopesticide efficacy.
• Prior experience with management or field testing row crops.
• Prior experience working with regulated materials, biotech traits and/or new chemistries.
• Strong skills in utilizing statistics and data analysis to drive decision making.
• Successful track record of developing testing protocols and providing technical recommendations for product advancement decisions.
• Prior experience leading projects, managing project timelines and collaborating across organizations to meet business needs.
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.