GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Accountable for competitiveness of the products' features, functionality and quality. Provide strategic direction, focusing on the business and clinical needs of customers. Bring deep understanding of customer and market needs. Make decisions around product vision, strategy, roadmap, and tactical choices. Work with development teams, providing necessary input to engineering on product requirements and design. Evangelize for the product with customers, commercial teams, and other connected teams
1. Establishing the vision and strategic plan for the assigned product lines
2. As product line owner, own financial performance of the product portfolio. Determine product profitability, growth rates, gaps to target, pipeline health & sales forecasts. Ensure compliance with quality systems, regulatory requirements and commercial change process.
3. Representation as product line owner on multi-functional program teams, which could include marketing, sales, operations, engineering, and services teams, while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements.
4. Create, maintain and present technology roadmap in accordance with appropriate policy. Facilitate responses to RFP technical questions from Engineering. Develop product roadmap for use in technology and business strategic planning.
5. Ensure customer focus in product line development plans and value propositions by establishing relationships with customers as required and ensuring the "voice of the customer" is reflected in work efforts.
6. Defining and leading appropriate market segmentation and positioning strategies for the assigned product lines.
7. Driving the product lines to meet the needs of the market. Responsible for development of marketing plan, strategy and championing execution of the product roadmaps, New Product Introductions (NPI) and life cycle management.
8. Managing key business product line performance indicators such as financial, quality and customer satisfaction.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. Bachelor's Degree in Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Business Administration, healthcare or related field
2. 6+ years' experience in product management, product development, or related field including workflow experience with similar products
3. Excellent oral and written communications skills
4. Strong analytical and process skills
5. Strong project management skills
6. Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
7. Willingness to travel 10-30%
1. MBA or Master's degree in Product Management, Marketing, Business Administration or related field
2. Degree in Medical Informatics
3. Degree and practice in a clinical discipline
4. 8+ years' experience in product management, product development or related field
5. Deep Product Management/Marketing expertise, including: market trends/analysis, NPI process, product roadmap development, requirements, product life-cycle management,
6. Healthcare product/industry/technical acumen
7. Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
8. Innovation - develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
9. Team oriented - ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
10. Proven ability to work globally
11. Proven ability to influence and negotiate internally and with customers
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Wauwatosa
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.