At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Global Product Marketer for the Abrasive Systems Division. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Global Product Marketer
will establish and execute global strategies and tactics for ASD product categories, with initial responsibility for all Standard Abrasives™ (SA) products across both the Coated and Surface Conditioning Portfolios. They will determine opportunities for, and execute integration of SA branded products into Surface Conditioning and Coated Portfolios with specific plans on where to implement improvements. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the global P&L for ASD product categories, beginning with Standard Abrasives™ branded products
- Own SA product portfolio prioritization with input from marketing, portfolio, lab, and manufacturing teams
- Develop brand strategy and guidelines for SA
- Assess opportunities for repositioning with other brands based on value proposition and performance
- Collaborate with manufacturing and finance to model the P&L impact of recommendations in order to optimize division results across product portfolios
- Identify opportunities for extension, consolidation, or phasing out products; assist in coordinating execution
- Identify product portfolio gaps and other portfolio optimization opportunities to meet customer requirements for growth
- Deliver targets to drive additional value for ASD through global product management
- Drive, coordinate, and ensure timely and effective completion of all program deliverables
- Collaborate with business management, portfolio and segment leaders, stakeholders and project team members
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) combined years of customer-focused roles including marketing, strategic marketing, business management, project management and/or sales experience
- Industrial marketing experience
- Demonstrated success working within cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Strong problem solving skills utilizing cross-functional resources to create solutions
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.