Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Acts as an intermediary between customer and factory. Ensures the implementation of CEN's, BKM's, Safety Notices, and retrofits; and communicates performance/reliability issues.
- Provides PLC requirements for Field Support tasks. Specifically related to Field Manuals, spare parts lists generation, eVSPI, Design for Serviceability, BKMs.
- Provides Beta Site Support. Specifically related to installation, operation, calibration, service and/or testing of a new hardware, process or software design.
- Provides system support for engineering systems in reliability and/or applications lab. Provides engineering relief by working assigned projects in conjunction with vendors, customers and engineering owner. Act as a mentor for junior levels engineers.
- Field Escalation Focal Point: Provides for a contact point within the factory for CE's, account teams, and/or customers to call upon. Resolves customer problems, complaints and issues utilizing appropriate internal and external resources. Act as crisis manager when necessary. Makes presentations at the engineering and management level to customers on system upgrades, support plans, technical demonstrations. There may be travel to customer or vendor sites, around 10%
- Organizes and implements training seminars for customers and field service engineers on product upgrades, customer problems, concerns and possible solutions (Product Specialist Meetings).
- Creates technical publications and reviews documents covering technical improvements.
- Develop top 5 lists through the use of Non Conformance data, manage CLCA through closure, and inform the field through the use of internal bulletins. May need to project manage retrofits as needed.
- Assists field service engineers and customers with on-site training when necessary. Helps training department to define necessary training for field service engineers on system upgrades and new systems components.
- Works with spares to help set initial stocking levels.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
- 5 years' experience on AMAT Control Systems like Server and Flex CPCI
- Knowledge of troubleshooting Device-net and Ethernet issues
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.