Eaton Corporation in Arden, NC seeks a Global Project Manager.
The Global Project Manager will travel 15-25% of the time, nationally and internationally. International travel will be predominantly in Latin America countries. The Global Project Manager has the following job duties:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Fulfill international project management functions for large and major Industrial and Commercial Projects.
- Travel nationally and internationally to manufacturing facilities to inspect and test electrical assembly products prior to shipment, and to meet with customers and vendors to discuss progress on major projects.
- Work predominantly with projects based in Latin America, and required to speak and write fluently in English and Spanish.
- • Manage technical aspects of complex electrical assembly project orders, and meet customer specifications and timelines for product, documentation, and quality.
- • Oversee the technical (electrical and mechanical) and commercial details of major strategic international project orders, creating value and establishing the project order management process as a key differentiator from our competitors.
- Utilize the project management team resources assigned to his or her project orders.
- Interpret customer plans and specifications to provide accurate information on project orders.
- Lead and participate in customer witness tests, inspections, and on-board approval meetings.
- Develop, mentor, and monitor on-the-job training for new and existing less experienced team members.
- Develop and implement proactive order entry strategies, facilitating order fulfillment and technical support and minimizing order delay.
- Plan and execute presentations on specific products and services to customers (internal and external) to gain recognition and customer acceptance of Eaton solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior proactive project order management and customer service.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of plant front-end scheduling, engineering and manufacturing process and equipment cycle times.
- Reduce potential project risk throughout the duration of the project lifecycle by applying project management methodologies and strategies.
- Serve as the customer's advocate by relaying the appropriate level of urgency to peer contacts in the operations and escalate issues as required to management.
- Utilize Bid Manager for product configuration, changes and pricing.
- Pursue continuous learning of products and applications related to engineered products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related.
- Experience must include 3 years of electrical industry experience in technical sales, engineering, manufacturing, or project management, including the use of Enovia and AutoCAD.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish fluently.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.