Acerta Pharma is a leader in the field of covalent binding technology and is applying this technology to create novel, highly selective therapies for cancer. In February 2016, AstraZeneca acquired a majority share of Acerta Pharma via a USD $4 billion investment and is a committed partner to the development of these innovative drug candidates.
Acalabrutinib is Acerta's lead program which was developed based on our discovery efforts. It is an investigational covalent Bruton tyrosine kinase (BTK) inhibitor currently under investigation in multiple Phase 3 clinical trials. The clinical program includes over 20 trials in hematologic malignancies and solid tumors. Over 1,800 patients have participated in these trials to date.
The Global Project Management Director is a core member of the Global Product Team (GPT), led by the Global Medicines Leader (GML) and performs the critical role of managing the operation of the GPT. The GPM supports team by ensuring alignment of the project strategy with operational delivery.
Within the framework of delegation by the GML or DGP, the Global Project Management Director may lead elements of the drug project strategy or cross-project and portfolio strategies, or other initiatives. In addition the Global Project Management Director will be expected to assist in governance interactions, driving delivery, managing senior stakeholders and external bodies.
* As a member of the GPT, partners with the GML and DGP to develop the project strategy, ensuring linkage between that strategy and operational delivery
* Enables the GPT to deliver towards the objectives and provides the information to allow decision making at all levels of the organisation
* Leads the championing of new strategies for project management, and plays a key role in establishing Acerta PM processes
* Partners with Acerta's aRED (Acerta Research and Early Development) PM and Development PM (DPM), and responsible for ensuring cross-organizational alignment with GPT and project strategy
Planning/Monitoring and Delivery:
* Develops and maintains accurate and transparent cross functional project plans in collaboration with the functions and PMs using Acerta planning tools
* Drives the delivery of the Cross-Functional plan through pro-actively monitoring key parameters (assumptions/risks/ time and costs) against agreed targets and tolerances, managing the cross-functional critical path plan and flagging and managing any issues that have cross-functional impact and implications for its delivery
* Ensures alignment between sub-team activities to support cross-functional deliverables
* Enforce and promote project management standards for delivery of the best quality cross-functional development plan
* Ensures effective documentation of project team meetings, key decisions, and action items.
* Plans and manages GPT meetings, including maintenance of a rolling agenda, and ensures that topics are brought for GPT decision in a timely manner
* Ensures the project effectively fulfils all business reporting requirements
* Acts as a liaison to AstraZeneca portfolio planning teams, to ensure integration of acalabrutinib timelines and resource planning with AstraZeneca's portfolio processes
Assessing and Managing Issues/Risks:
* Leads the development and drives delivery of project risk management plans/mitigation activities
* Effective communication of project risks to all relevant stakeholders
* Facilitates unbiased option planning by the GPT
* Leadership of the acalabrutinib Project Management team (Development PM, Pre-Clinical PM)
* Establishes and manages the project environment by creating a shared sense of purpose,
facilitating project teams to manage issue resolution and focusing the team on the right activities at the right time
* Acts as the role model for partnering, collaboration and cross functional working
* Drive success by navigating teams through AstraZeneca and Acerta governance and key operating processes
* Enable timely interactions with governance and effective decision making by providing transparent information on project requirements and performance against agreed targets and tolerance
* Experience of effectively working in complex global and multi-cultural teams
* Project management experience and familiarity with project management tools within a multi-disciplinary development environment
* Large pharma experience
* In-depth knowledge of drug development process
* Bachelors of Science or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
* Evidence of excellent team management skill: strong communication and collaboration
* Line management experience
* Working with external partners
* Project Management Certification
* Advanced degree in a scientific discipline
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca