Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Develop solutions architecture in support of one or more functional areas for Merck Research Labs Discovery, Preclinical and Early Development organization, while understanding and contributing to the development and refinement of enterprise architecture and influencing application architecture.
- • Become a trusted advisor to client services leaders and business stakeholders
- Create, maintain and assume accountability for a culture of high customer service
- Drive a culture of collaboration across functional areas and IT teams
- Contribute to functional area program planning and technology strategy in support of business objectives
- Contribute to vendor, technology and solution evaluations and make recommendations
- Address talent gaps through both, internal focus and partner resources
- Effectively own technical solutions delivery for portfolio programs/ projects with well-defined plans and timely deliverables, meeting objectives on a regular basis
- Work with client services, delivery and PMO leads to review and maintain delivery plans; tracking and communicating key risks; identifying and assigning resources as needed
- Monthly and quarterly reporting on program delivery plans
- Deliver engaging, informative and well-organized presentations, as needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with high personal integrity, credibility and energy
- Results focused, with a demonstrated track record of consistently getting things done
- Experience working in a dynamic, distributed, global work environment
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team of internal, matrix and external professionals
- Planning, prioritizing, reporting, problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Attention to detail and a concern for quality
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in IT, IS, Engineering, or related technical field
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in delivering enterprise software solutions to life science customers, particularly in pharmaceutical research, including infrastructure aspects of the same.
- Business facing experience architecting and delivering enterprise software solutions, including responsibility for transitioning to application maintenance & support teams
- Broad knowledge of technology standards, application development environments, middleware components, infrastructure and security requirements and implications in the delivery of scientific solutions, and the ability to leverage all of the above to architect and deliver impactful technical solutions to meet scientific business requirements
- Technical thought leadership and sound understanding of the technology trends and application landscape both internally at Merck and externally in the industry
- Demonstrated experience in delivering shared objectives in a matrix organization and global environment, including internal teams and external vendors/ partners
- Understanding of IT processes, SDLC, and knowledge of regulatory landscape, with preference for experience in delivering and supporting validated systems
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement