Global Scientific Communications Sr. Manager – Oncology/Hematology
Posted: February 01, 2017
Reference ID: R-33471
Amgen Job Description
The Scientific Communications Senior Manager, reporting to the Director of Global Scientific Communications (GSC), will be responsible for developing strategy and executing complex US Scientific Communication Plan for hematology product. This highly visible role requires strong leadership skills and the ability to interface in a dynamic environment with multiple cross-functional teams at Amgen. The successful candidate should demonstrate ability to translate US medical strategy into actionable communication plans that adhere to guidelines, SOPs, policies and industry regulations.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following: interfacing cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders to develop regional communication strategy, collaborating with the Global Core Content (GCC) team to ensure alignment with global communication strategy, providing support for key scientific congresses including creation of Scientific Affairs booths, regionalization of global resources for Medical Information and Regional Medical Liaisons and conducting training, interacting with the Healthcare Community, executing regional disease state education programs, conducting regional scientific advisory boards, and leading or participating in GSC task forces. In addition, this role will be accountable for managing external providers and project-associated budgets and resources.
Some travel may be required - approximately 10%.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Clinical experience
Master's degree and 6 years of Clinical experience
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Clinical experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of clinical experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of clinical experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
• Doctorate degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, DO) with 4+ years of cumulative experience in Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research
• Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry (or clinical experience) in the area of Oncology-Hematology
• Understanding of Scientific Communications projects including disease state education programs, advisory boards, congress/publication plans, and RML resources
• Understanding of the Medical Information capabilities, literature surveillance, adverse event and product complaints requirements
• Experience with marketed products and late-stage pipeline products
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and the ability to critically analyze the scientific literature to form logical opinions and communicate key business and clinical information at multiple levels
• An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the legal and regulatory guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
• The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
• Prior experience managing consultants and vendors is desired.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.