Job Description: Summary:
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator is responsible for using best practices to identify, analyze, and support all incidents that are either impactful or potentially impactful to business, the brand and/or employees. The successful candidate will be a problem solver, possess critical thinking skills and be detail oriented. This position is responsible for using best practices for communicating information surrounding those incidents to leadership as appropriate. The GSOC Operator will monitor cameras and alarms, dispatch associated calls via telephone and radio, operate access control technology, and provide general assistance to both employees and guests. The GSOC operator supports headquarters and field teams as they prepare for, respond to, and recover from both crisis and non-crisis incidents. RESPONSIBILITIES (Major Duties):
- The GSOC operator is responsible for answering routine and emergency calls, monitoring alarms and video equipment including fire alarms, door alarms, and duress alarms and provides general assistance to employees, vendors and guests.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS (To Perform Job Duties) :
- The GSOC operator will respond to life safety incidents (medical, safety, natural disasters, etc.) and dispatch security officers, ERT, facilities, police, fire and EMS personnel as required via telephone and/or radio.
- The GSOC operator maintains various records of communications and events.
- Evaluate global incidents that may impact employees or offices and escalate accordingly to security management and subsequently to other business units within the company (HR, IT, Public Relations, Legal, Facilities, Country Leaders, etc.).
- Monitor employee travel and notify security management with potential risk.
- The GSOC operator communicates and disseminates information, using established communication vehicles, to key partners using best practices.
- Able to manage and handle situations of a sensitive nature and maintain company's confidentiality and information security practices (medical record, personnel issues, investigations, public relations incidents, emergency personnel contact information, etc.).
- The GSOC operator takes an active role in position related projects. The levels of responsibility will vary from consulting to owning projects based on the individual.
- The GSOC operator will act as a liaison between all departments and the Global Safety & Security team.
- Collaborate with other internal business units regarding incident reports related to theft, urgent terminations, medical incidents, asset management, etc.
- Manage the access control system alarms
- Monitor radio traffic of local and remote sites
- Create dispatch cases for every officer that is dispatched during your shift
- Recommend improvement and guidance to internal partners
- Initiate incident reports and work orders for situations that require one
- Evaluate Travel Notifications and alert company travelers with potential impact
- Assist employees while on travel (Medical, Lost/Stolen Property, etc.)
- Support Company's events (Summits, Conferences, etc.)
- Check to ensure all Access Control, CCTV, and other tools are working properly
- Assist employees, security staff, vendors and employee requests as needed
- Makes all required notifications and escalations.
- Strong understanding and troubleshooting of CCTV and Physical Access Control Systems
- Must be able to multi task
- Have strong prioritizing abilities
- Ability to stay calm and give direction under pressure
- Ability to analyze problems, identify causes, and implement results oriented solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management ability. Must be competent and literate with computers
- Must have the ability to develop and write clear and concise emails and memos
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and make sound decisions
- A professional demeanor, along with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player
- 1-5 years of Global Security Operations Center Experience
- Must be knowledgeable of all client and company GSOC policies and procedures
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Have a strong knowledge of security and emergency operations
- Possess a solid employment history demonstrating reliability and dependability
- Must successfully pass drug and alcohol screening
- Reliable means of transportation
Closing: AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry's premier provider of security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, shopping centers and residential communities. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiates AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture help our employees grow personally and professionally.
Dare to be GREAT! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us! For additional information, please visit our website at http://jobs.alliedbarton.com/ .
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Requisition ID: 2016-87557
A little about us:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.