Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM is looking for a leader with global social experience to join its Corporate Social Discipline team. This key role will work with IBM's Social Discipline leader to manage and grow its global social practice, through strategic development, global standards, enablement, and influence as the manager of a large team.
IBM's Social Discipline is a group of social-first experts focused on building a culture of social marketing excellence through unexpected strategies and fresh approaches, investing in our skills, establishing common processes and guidelines and building a community of practitioners.
This candidate will be responsible for leading numerous practice groups within the Global Social Practice:
- Global social strategy across IBM brand units and markets
- Centralized social insights & analytics
- Global social brand standards and best practices
- IBM's internal social community, education and enablement
The Global Social Practice Leader will be responsible for building and managing relationships within the IBM global ecosystem, working to strengthen over 90 social brand editorial hubs globally. The ideal candidate should be an excellent people manager and decision-maker, comfortable with budget oversight, influencing change, and familiar with B-to-B and B-to-C social strategy and application practices.
Strong social experience within a global corporate or agency environment is preferred. Additional experience in media, public relations, advertising or strategic communications is a plus. The individual in this role should show proven ability to develop complex strategies and lead teams.
A passion for social and a familiarity with the nuances and cutting edge developments across popular networks is a must. This individual should be able to manage multiple complex daily responsibilities while completing long-term tasks effectively. The role will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and a requirement to work with their teams on regular performance checkpoints and annual reviews.
This role reports to the Corporate Vice President of Social in IBM Marketing and Communications, delivering on the following responsibilities:
- Ongoing leadership across team practice areas
- Relationship-building across global social leadership ecosystem
- Manages WW social brand programs and drives innovative strategies to action
- Develops strategy and implementation plans for each practice area within global practice
- Always-on approach to performance and optimization of IBM WW Social ecosystem
- Provides regular insight to global team through social analytics
- Applies brand experience, and user experience to everything
- Performs all administrative work-related to the practice areas and personnel
- Regular management of direct reports and performance reviews
- Works across Advertising, Communications, Media, Legal, and Corporate executive teams
This role is located in IBM offices in New York City, NY.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.