Sustainable agriculture is at the core of Monsanto. We are committed to developing the technologies that enable farmers to produce more crops while conserving more of the natural resources that are essential to their success. Monsanto scientists are conducting the research and development (R&D) to revolutionize plant breeding and biotechnology.
Monsanto is seeking an exceptionally talented Biometrical Support & Production Team Lead to become an integral member of our Global Breeding Organization by joining our multidisciplinary Analytics team. The person will provide strategic technical and project leadership in a fast paced R&D team environment to accelerate our pipeline and product development efforts. The successful candidate must have excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, a proven track record of solving challenging and
complex analytical/statistical problems, as well as a strong commitment to achieving results.
• People and technical leadership with focus on creating team environment for individuals to develop and succeed.
• Develop skill set of team to evolve from services to key decision influencers.
• Lead Global Biometrics team to develop and deploy newest technologies across the globe.
• Identify and drive the development of innovative methodologies to accelerate our pipeline and product development efforts.
• Develop strong and successful collaborations among various Monsanto R&D teams.
• Identify and lead efforts around Breeding precision placement strategies and testing footprint.
• Identify opportunities to reduce cost of major breeding operations. Required Skills/Experience:
- PhD degree in Applied Statistics/Biometrics, Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics, Bioinformatics, or a related field with 5 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated people leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of state of the art analytical/statistical techniques.
- Demonstrated track record of solving challenging and complex problems.
- Experience in method development and the ability to define and implement desired technical strategies.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in experimental field plot design and analysis, preferably with plant breeding or agronomic data.
- Exceptional leadership, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills will be required to negotiate scope/resources, manage, and project status, and synchronize activities with team members, stakeholders, and management.
- Strong customer focus and results orientation are a must.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.