At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Global Strategic Sourcing Analyst for the Sourcing Operations Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary :
The person hired for the position of Global Strategic Sourcing Analyst will provide analytical and application support for specific and well-defined Sourcing Operations areas in order to help drive operational excellence in the areas of service, speed and cost. Individual will also be a contributing team member in terms of helping to drive the growth engine for 3M. May lead less complex/critical processes in support of the Sourcing Policy. Follows basic Sourcing guidelines to monitor, measure, improve, analyze and implement Sourcing processes and customer requirements in completing assignments. May lead implementation projects and provide direction to focused teams. The employee performs work under general supervision. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Uses Sourcing and Corporate analysis tools and applications to support Global Commodity Teams' sourcing activities and projects.
- Develops and expands knowledge of strategic analysis, supplier and market analysis, benchmarking and sourcing effectiveness.
- Represents Sourcing on business unit and internal Sourcing cross-functional teams.
- Increases knowledge of Sourcing Operations strategies and activities to meet specific 3M internal business unit requirements through assigned activities and projects.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements that improve cost and service through analysis of sourcing information and metrics.
- Currently pursuing or possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Previously completed an internship/co-op with 3M or another manufacturing company
- Experience with business processes and systems functionality within Procurement and/or Sourcing
- Intermediate (graphs, sorting data, basic formulas) proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Intermediate (hyperlinks, animation, org charts) proficiency with MS PowerPoint
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Maplewood, MN Travel:
May include up to 5% domestic Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.