At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:JOB SUMMARY:
The Global Strategy & Marketing Intelligence Senior Specialist will support strategic and marketing planning processes, focusing on monitoring, collecting, and analyzing marketing intelligence from multiple internal and external sources and organize into actionable insights, reports and tools which will accelerate growth within 3M's Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
include but are not limited to the following:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Strategic Planning: support the division strategic planning process with the creation of an actionable and fact-based strategic plan
- Develop competitor, market, and customer analyses
- Market assessments and situational analysis
- Support creation of the division strategic plan storyline and slide deck
- Marketing Intelligence: responsible to manage, maintain and augment the marketing intelligence initiative to aid in the division's decision-making; which includes:
- Conducting primary and secondary research and market analysis to assess key trends, market research, market sizing, and competitive strategies
- Pairing insights with data to generate business outlooks
- Managing depositories of research, gathering, analyzing and communicating intelligence on technologies, market conditions, competitors and customers.
- Retrieve and aggregate market, customer and competitor data from multiple sources and compile into systemized and actionable formats with clear storylines
- Analysis of key competitors and develop appropriate strategies and mitigation tactics, and support War Gaming activities
- Champion knowledge-sharing behaviors that connect people, and encourage division-wide sharing
- Pro-actively look for process improvement opportunities by challenging existing processes, proposing solutions, driving approved implementation plan to advance marketing intelligence capabilities, improve internal efficiencies and drive toward continued best-in-class leadership
- SalesForce.com Optimization: support the implementation of global standards for SalesForce.com globally to help identify and develop new business opportunities, and make improvements to existing processes, products, and services.
- Maintain and update SFDC playbook for IATD
- Maintain, update and support the training deployment
- Monitor/audit the usage of the division attributes
- Create tracking dashboards
- Gather data and transform it into actionable insights
- Specialized Projects: support a range of specialized growth projects prioritized for the division
- Ability to think strategically and execute operationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Presentation delivery and clear/concise articulation of thoughts/information; ability to tell a story through the data
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work across time zones, cultures and languages
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in marketing, IT, business transformation, business analytics, market research and/or sales
- MBA or Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Experience conducting research in business to business (B2B) industries
- Experience working with different data sets to analyze, interpret and communicate Insights from the data
Relocation is supported
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.