Monsanto is passionate about using data science to bring innovative and sustainable solutions to agriculture. Delivering these solutions requires talented and dedicated individuals to work on multidisciplinary teams to solve real world problems. This position is for a Data Scientist to work on operations research within our Global Supply Chain Analytics team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across our broader Supply Chain, R&D, Commercial, and Information Technology organizations. Responsibilities:
- Analysis and development of mathematical optimization, simulation solutions, and scenario modeling that will be implemented in software systems used globally throughout the enterprise.
- Development of strategies to identify new opportunities, expand existing analytical methods, provide insights, and build practical solutions to complex business problems.
- Application of advanced analytics skills to turn data into a competitive advantage and help business stakeholders make more informed data-driven business decisions.
- M.S in Operations Research, Engineering, Management Science, Mathematics, or a other related quantitative discipline
- 3-5+ year's relevant experience delivering stochastic/analytical solutions to complex business problems
- Theoretical and practical experience in deterministic optimization and algorithm development related to operations management is a requirement, including experience with commercial optimization software (ex. CPLEX, IBM DOC/ODME)
- Expertise in programming and database languages (ex. R, Python, Scala, SQL and OPL)
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing demand, supply, and network flow challenges related to planning, scheduling, space utilization, and customer service levels.
- Demonstrated problem solving experience analyzing complex data using statistical and advanced analytical methods to deliver predictive and prescriptive insights
- Experience with software development and architecture related to operations research, machine learning, geospatial analysis, and artificial intelligence.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and influence people at varying levels of responsibility
- Candidates must demonstrate business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains and become conversant in the domain with business users
Desired skills/ experience:
- Experience in supply chain management, agriculture, and/or laboratory science
- Ph.D. in Operations Research, Engineering, Management Science, Mathematics, or a other related quantitative discipline
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.