Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Qualifications: Education Minimum Requirement: Required Experience and Skills:
- Interface with CMO's on planning execution and understanding external supply chain opportunities / constraints
- Work with the CMO Sites and Marketing to manage and balance supply and demand.
- Assure that business processes are in place and forecast data is available at the regional and local planning levels to support demand and supply management.
- Lead supply issue resolution as appropriate
- Proactively identify and manage pinch points
- Effectively communicate and escalate issues as needed within and outside of Merck AH.
- Develop consistent practices and continuous improvement
- Support Global S&OP process
- Enable Regional and Local S&OP
- Establish Site S&OP Programs
- Metrics (KPIs): data gathering report preparation
- Identify and implement SAP based solutions to aid in planning and communication.
- Identify and implement supply chain productivity and innovation opportunities.
- Support Source change and Siting opportunities based on product needs.
- Facilitate data required for Siting and Source change decisions
- Execute launches (Partner with Product Leader(s) to establish Regional Launch forums)
- Collaborate with Marketing, R&D, Regulatory and other Merck business areas is support of strategic objectives. Communicate with stakeholders on making decisions related to Supply or Demand events
- Maintain, develop, optimize and implement business processes in support of the SCM organization.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidate must have cross functional skills and business/management/operations experience, and general knowledge of the Supply Chain business including planning within SAP.
- Persuasion and influence, assertiveness, proactive mindset, accountability and capability in working with and influencing people outside of the SCM and MMD organization.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- CPIM/APICS certifications as Certified Supply Chain Professional are desired
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement