Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is constantly striving to respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers and partners. As part of its Go-To-Market Priorities, PayPal is establishing Shared Services to deliver customer relevancy, optimized ROI-positive marketing and quality content and experiences at scale.
The Global Marketing Platform Business Architect is a new and integral position within the rapidly growing Global Lifecycle Service (GLS). This high-profile position will partner with our product and engineering teams and marketing capability and operations in North America, Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) on a roadmap to drive a step change in our operational efficiency and unlock data and platforms as a strategic value driver for marketing.
In this role, you will work with senior stakeholders to define and execute the 2-3 year roadmap for Lifecycle Marketing Platforms and deliver best-in-class capabilities and operations across audience management, inventory and content management, customer decisioning, cross-channel execution and workflow. Specifically, this role will partner closely with product and engineering resources on the development of capabilities in line with marketing strategy, piloting of marketing initiatives and creation of playbooks to accelerate adoption and utilization of our marketing technology assets.
This is a rare opportunity for a data and marketing platforms professional to take the lead in shaping the future technology needs for this ambitious and innovative organization and drive through change to deliver real value to our customers. This highly visible role will make a significant contribution to the growth of our global business.
This position will report to the Sr. Director of Global Lifecycle Shared Services. Over time the scope of this role may require the management of a small team. Travel to regional offices in San Jose, New York, London and Singapore when required.What you will do:
Who we are looking for:
- Outline the vision and roadmap for best in class Lifecycle Marketing
- Drive alignment and prioritization with Regional Lifecycle Marketing teams on data and marketing platform requirements
- Serve as a key point of contact between regional marketing and Customer Engagement Platform during solution design, development and testing
- Develop effective communication processes to inform the Regional teams about capability delivery and release management
- Support the change management required for effective adoption of capabilities within regional marketing teams and creation of associated materials and tools
- Establish partnerships with Global and Regional Lifecycle teams to ensure capability roadmap aligns to strategic direction and identify opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors on the delivery of marketing capabilities and services and provide input into quarterly review process
- Work with adjacent Shared Services, such as Digital and Brand, Creative and Content, to ensure alignment of roadmap on common business needs and capability delivery, such as tagging, content management, etc.
- You are a thought leader with strong marketing technology expertise and project delivery experience.
- You are highly collaborative with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- You are action-orientated with an in-depth knowledge of how technology, process and people drive marketing outcomes.
- You have experience of what is required for an effective marketing operations function and the importance of each component of the end-to-end process.
- You are able to foster strategic partnerships, have strong change management experience and a roll up your sleeves attitude.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.