Global Talent Acquisition Lead - Oncology Business Unit - Gaithersburg, Maryland At AstraZeneca
we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers. As well as other tumour types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalised healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Talent Acquisition helps to deliver AstraZeneca's ambitious business strategy through recruiting best in class (internal and external) talent to meet the needs and demands of the business.
Talent Acquisition at AstraZeneca is transforming. Our ambition is to build a world class function by being more proactive with our recruitment approach and developing long term pipelines of talent. We are passionate about delivering a truly differentiated candidate experience and are building in house teams to deliver this for the business. If you are motivated by the opportunity to drive that change then join us!
The RoleAs Global Talent Acquisition Lead for our Oncology Business Unit, you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing talent acquisition strategies in partnership with the Human Resources Business Partners, Senior Business Leaders and Hiring Managers. You will work with Talent Acquisition colleagues across multiple locations to identify and fill vacancies with talented individuals with the right capability and skills in a timely and cost efficient manner.
The role will involve proactive activity anticipating talent needs, recruitment demand forecasting, developing and executing sourcing plans. As our business is constantly developing and changing, your expertise as a change agent and involvement will be vital for success. You will also be involved with the screening, interviewing, pre-selecting, offer management and managing the hiring administration process for senior roles.
The role will report into Talent Acquisition (North America Country Lead) with a strong working relationships with the Oncology Business Unit HR Lead. This is a key opportunity to work at the most senior levels in the organisation, to engage, inspire, persuade and influence our transformation to a cutting edge in-house Talent Acquisition Function.
- 7 or more years of senior talent acquisition experience leading complex, multi-national/global projects
- Experience managing executive talent acquisition campaigns and complex hires
- Comfortable and credible operating in a complex, matrix, and global environment; exhibits tenacity in the face of structural ambiguity with a singular focus on meeting business needs
- Experience building talent attraction strategies - including outreach to diversity organizations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills leveraged to build strong relationships across a range of key stakeholders and customers, with credibility and gravitas
- Experience with behavioural interviewing and other assessment tools/techniques
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence without authority; able to identify business focused solutions in the face of organizational or administrative barriers.
- Experience managing 3rd party suppliers
- Able to lead, meet deliverables and challenge constructively to drive high performance levels in others.
- Able to deliver results through matrix or indirect line management of recruiters in multiple locations
- Clear understanding of OFCCP guidelines
- BS/BA degree
- Ideally you'll have a good understanding of scientific concepts/drug discovery and the development process gained while working internally at a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology company, along with experience of using a variety of recruitment tools.
Next Steps - Apply today!To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.