At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Global Technical Service Specialist for the Food Safety Department located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go!
- Provide expert level technical support for software and hardware used in 3M(TM) CleanTrace(TM) Hygiene Management System and 3M(TM) Molecular Detection System.
- Develop and issue Technical Alerts and Bulletins
- Develop and provide innovative basic and advanced level training for customers, sales, marketing, regional and local technical and professional services personnel on 3M CleanTrace(TM) Hygiene Management System and 3M(TM) Molecular Detection System.
- Writing and revising Instructions for Use (IFUs) and Manuals.
- Providing consultation on customer workflow, usability, and desired features in new products.
- Support generation and revision of packaging, labels, and supporting documentation.
- Participation in competitive assessments and publication of results.
- Logging and investigation of complaints, defects, or other sources of customer dissatisfaction.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) projects.
- Gathering Voice of Customer (VOC) and supervising/coordinating Customer Verification Experiments (CVEs)
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule to meet project time zones
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in Window Operating System desktop and web applications
- Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biology, Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with Microsoft SQL
- Familiarity with Environmental Sampling in the Food Safety Industry
- Experienced in using Social Media.
- Experienced with Software Development Lifecycle.
- Strong written/oral communication, networking, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, prioritize, and make decisions
May include up to 20% international
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.