Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Global Trade Compliance Manager to ensure that the AFSR Business Unit (BU) and all associated locations of the BU are in full compliance with the import laws of the countries where they do business, in a manner that is consistent with Arconic's values. Compliance with trade regulations will be achieved through a centralized framework including classification, certification, verification of import activities, and training of local staff. The position requires significant leadership and influencing skills as this role will engage at all levels of internal and external organizations. The Global Trade Compliance Manager will proactively partner with the Director Trade Compliance, Transportation and Cargo Security; Corporate Trade Compliance; and the local business resources to minimize risk and ensure efficient and effective processes in annual transactions as well as to drive outreach strategy for trade compliance and assessments in all regions focusing on imports and transportation while supporting the export functions as needed. This position is located at the AFSR headquarters offices in Torrance, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,800 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR has locations in North America (USA, Mexico), LATAM (Brazil), EMEA (UK, Czech, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Morocco), and Asia Pac (China, Hong Kong, Australia, Japan). (NYSE:ARNC)
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Execute as a key resource to all AFSR locations in providing functional knowledge, support, and solutions for the integrity of global operations and quality resolution of import and transportation issues throughout all locations and clients.
- Support the management of a robust trade compliance program for the AFSR Operations, including the ongoing development and maintenance of procedures which define responsibility and accountability for completion of activities and supporting operational processes.
- Manage and drive internal process improvements with respect to an array of government compliance programs including but not limited to: ACE Enhancements, Broker Management, Customs Valuation, Reconciliation, Duty Drawback, TSA and other programs as added.
- Advise on international trade regulatory and compliance matters, including but not limited to, the customs and transportation regulations, economic sanctions regulations, and product conformity and standards.
- Identify and analyze global trends and requirements regarding compliance functions, programs, and risk management, develop metrics and indicators. Assess gaps and mitigate compliance risk, coordinating with AFSR and Corporate Global Trade Compliance for BU wide visibility.
- Further develop an ongoing, country- tailored training program that includes but is not limited to, import, TSA, Corporate Trade Standards, general awareness, risk identification, and escalation. Personally conduct training as required to include training of Import/Export SPAs and Technical Focal Points at all company locations.
- Represent AFSR Operations in dealings with customers, suppliers, plants, BU and RU personnel as well as government agencies in response to general inquiries on shipments for imports.
- Provide periodic internal and external compliance assessments of AFSR facilities to ensure adherence to policies, procedures and compliance of all activities and transactions with the appropriate import laws and recordkeeping including completion of Arconic's Audit and Self-Assessment Program. Coordinate with Management on issues, opportunities, recommended solutions and cost savings.
- Ensure adequacy of Service Provider SOW's, manage KPI's and overall network relationships, to include performance, quarterly reviews, and scorecard reports.
- Remain current on regulatory/industry activities that impact the company's business, including OGA requirements.
- Gain expert understanding of Arconic intermediary and anticorruption process to effectively determine and manage intermediary relationships as necessary.
- Serve as subject matter expert for import regulations and provide support to the business with respect to a variety of compliance issues.
- Participate in departmental strategy sessions
- Be a proactive and influential member of a dynamic and forward thinking strategic global trade compliance team.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; ability to engage at all levels of internal and external organizations
- Ability to develop and write clear and concise processes and procedures;
- Self-starter with a great research skills who can develop effective networks with internal and external customers;
- Ability to integrate effective compliance requirements with ongoing business processes so not to negatively impact project performance;
- Experience conducting formal training and presentations with an ability to effectively communicate legal and procedural requirements;
- Successful candidate will thrive in working in a small team with limited supervision, hands on designing and building compliance modules to implement globally
- Solid computer skills: MS Office Suite.
- Self-starter who works well with minimal oversight whilst being a cross-functional team player in a global environment.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 8 years of international trade (import) compliance experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 8+ years in a customs compliance role with international responsibilities, effectively driving operations in a multi-plant/manufacturing environment in the U.S. and other international locations
- Import compliance experience in the aerospace industry
- Strong knowledge and working understanding of international trade rules and regulations, including customs compliance, process control, internal and external audits: classification, valuation, Incoterms, origin, other OGA's, familiarity with AEO, Known Shipper, TSA and IPR
- Successful experience in building and integrating import compliance into business operation
- Experience with Drawback
- Experience with reconciliation and C-TPAT
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.