Provide a single point of contact for all market access issues and activities for assigned product/s. Lead the coordination of market access initiatives for the product/s across all regions ensuring seamless global to local integration and delivery.
• Lead the identification and prioritization of strategic opportunities to enhance and expand product value proposition (payers, prescribers, patients, and policymakers) for product/s, including life cycle management opportunities. Collaborate with relevant colleagues across Shire and in assigned Early Stage Global Product Teams (ELT) and / or Late Stage Global Product Teams (LPT) to successfully address such opportunities.
• Provide expertise in market access with an understanding of the role and influence of market access in product development and lifecycle management.
• Identify future trends in market access and develop strategic initiatives within GVSA, across the Global Value Team and Shire to ensure the strategy for the product/s are adapted to maximize the commercial success of the product.
• Understand and apply the payer-relevant outcomes as it applies to specific therapeutic classes.
• Proactively address product/s related payer, HTA and policymaker demands and respond to emerging or unforeseen market opportunities/challenges.
For designated brands / products:
• Serve as primary contact 'one voice' responsible for all product interactions within respective Business Development/Due Diligence team/s, Early Stage Global Product Teams (ELT) and / or Late Stage Global Product Teams (LPT).
• Lead the development of the global value proposition working within GVSA and leading the cross functional Global Value Team.
• Ensure the development, delivery and maintenance of the global value proposition , global market access strategy, supportive market access evidence, global value dossier, and global pricing strategy through a products development and lifecycle.
• Work with GVSA Franchise Lead and GVSA LT for alignment of product/s strategy to the Shire portfolio and GPS strategy.
• Represent the product /s within GVSA ensuring alignment of strategy and operations resulting in delivery of outputs and resource to meet the needs of the product/s and BD/Pipeline/BU.
• Lead and coordinate GVSA teams (e.g. US PMA / International VD&A) to support the development of market access elements for the product/s.
• Work with International VD&A and US P&MA teams to provide insights and requirements for the product/s ensuring their input is gained for strategy development from these respective geographies and areas of expertise and also they have adequate resource and capabilities to provide GVSA deliverables.
• Lead training of Global Value Proposition, associated Core Value Dossier (CVD) and underlying clinical, economic and quality of life evidence with marketing teams and other key internal stakeholders.
• Take a key role in interactions with external stakeholders to advocate the value of product/s.
• University degree required, advanced degree in related field (e.g., MBA, MPH, MPA, PharmD) preferred
• 10 or more years of market access experience with solid track record in developing pricing, reimbursement and access (PR&A) strategies and influencing PR&A negotiations in relevant geographic markets
• Experience collaborating with marketing/sales teams on appropriate pull-through strategies
• Demonstrated success with identifying growth opportunities and driving an organization to capture value
• Strong negotiating skills and ability to develop relationships and appropriately influence payers, policy makers, and other key external stakeholders.
• Ability to identify and framing optimal product value proposition addressing the needs of multiple stakeholders
• Highly developed collaboration skills, including consensus building, information sharing, and communication of priorities and expectations across functions in a matrix environment
• Ability to act decisively and exercise sound judgment in making decisions with limited information
• Ability to assess complex issues, evaluate potential solutions with both quantitative and qualitative analysis and develop business cases to gain alignment on key strategic decisions
• Superior communication, negotiation, presentation, and influencing skills
• Proven ability to influence without authority and work effectively with cross-functional teams
• Robust understanding of key HE/OR principles and familiarity with HEOR/P&R dossiers (e.g. AMCP, Global / Core Value Dossiers):
• Ability to leverage knowledge of marketplace and economic forces to translate long-term strategy into clear short-term plans and goals, with a strong focus on execution, accountability and acting with integrity.
• Understanding of geographically relevant P&R processes and HTA/payer environment
• Strong understanding of pharmacoeconomics and epidemiology
• Ability to frame HTA strategies and arguments and be able to convert evidence into clear value messages
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.