Director, Business Application Strategy
Posted: September 20, 2017
Reference ID: 1070571
The Business Applications Strategy Leader owns and drives revenue and sales strategy for our Dynamics 365 product portfolio. This individual will be responsible for creating and orchestrating GTM, field blueprint, compensation, offers and playbooks aligned to our Business Apps revenue and growth aspirations. This role will also be responsible for delivering Dynamics 365 net new and add on revenue.
This individual must become the voice of Business Applications across the Commercial Growth Organization and ensure that necessary programs, initiatives and strategies are landing with impact – both in the Enterprise and Small & Medium Customer Segments. To do this, he/she must also have a strong working relationship and establish partnerships with Engineering and Marketing leaders to ensure that Microsoft delivers compelling and differentiated Products, Services and GTMs required to amplify consideration and win-rates in both new and green-field opportunities. Strong product, marketing and sales acumen is a must.
It is imperative to work across Field and Corp counterparts to optimize revenue performance and accountability across countries and segments. Working with Sales and M&O leaders in all regions, this strategic leader is tasked with building sales strategy, acting as an authority on our sales plays and landing campaign initiatives aligned to optimize for revenue growth across new and existing customers. The leader of this team will build a clear view of routes to revenue, or revenue paths, to establish how and where the business will execute to achieve current a future revenue targets. This role must be a polished communicator and collaborator with the field sales organization and become executive sponsor to the most strategic Microsoft accounts and sales opportunities. This role will also be a leading voice of our business strategy with customers during executive briefings (EBCs), customer & partner visits and be prepared to represent the business in many public speaking scenarios such as conferences and field events.
This individual must also have a strong understanding of our partner channel, both Systems Integrators and ISVs, and the capabilities required to bring industry specific IP and scale to all Biz Applications solutions. They will work in conjunction with the OCP team and Channel Lead to guide the Biz Apps GTM through & with-partner strategy.
• Be a Biz Apps visionary in terms of where customers & partners, by industry/geography/discipline are heading in the market so we can shape our go-to-market plans and execution accordingly
• Strong background of customer facing engagement
• Understanding the Business Apps competitive landscape
• Future orientation: what capabilities, programs and initiatives will be needed in the future fiscal years as our portfolio expands so that we sustain long-term double-digit growth
• Strategic insight & strategy development with active input into the Business Apps BG’s program development
• Create business and marketing plans for the current and next fiscal year
• Leads with end-to-end knowledge for Microsoft Cloud products by deep alignment with engineering, product marketing and sales, providing direct input to product teams around customer/partner/market requirements
• All-up accountability to work closely with other CGO & C&E product leaders to ensure integration with IoT, Data Analytics and 0ffice 365 for seamless cross-Microsoft solution development and selling
• Will have excellence at both strategy and execution, to have a high work output rate with attention to detail and quality, to learn quickly and to be exception in working with a complex set of stakeholders to achieve common goals.
• Core Competencies: Business & Strategic Leadership, Problem Solving, Planning, organizing and coordination, excellent Cross-Group Collaboration that’s also very effective at driving outcomes, Executive Maturity
• Have strong industry, channel, and devices competitive knowledge including market trends and best practices, understanding of Microsoft Business Applications, product, and technical strategies, and proven cross-group project leadership and management skills.
• External, competitive, market-oriented Sales and Marketing expertise/proven experience
• Deep experience in Sales, having sold to Customers and developed long-term, sustainable relationships in the market working with and through Partners.
• Proven experience growing a business while exceeding business requirements (scorecards).
• A minimum of 15 years proven direct sales and/or business development management experience with both outside and inside sales, preferably in cloud-based Customer Relationship Management or Customer Care solutions.
• 10 years leadership experience in leading selling/ marketing Business Applications in Enterprise and SME Segments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.