Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street Global Markets helps enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values through original flow-based research, proprietary portfolio and risk management technologies, trading efficiencies and global connectivity. The BlockCross equity trading platform is operated by State Street Global Markets. BlockCross includes a desktop application, an alternative trading system, order routing and integration with order and execution management systems. BlockCross traded 3.8 billion shares of US equities in 2014.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly skilled developer to join a small, focused team building BlockCross. The BlockCross team maintains its entrepreneurial spirit while enjoying all the advantages that State Street can offer. Use your proven development skills to contribute to the product and help drive BlockCross's success. Working in an Agile framework, you will participate in all phases of development, from requirements discovery through maintenance.
The successful candidate will have:
• 10+ years of software development and/or support experience, preferably in the financial industry
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft .Net, C# and/or C++; experience with WCF, WPF are pluses, as is experience with a desktop UI toolkit
• Experience building multi-threaded, multi-tier applications
• Strong database design and development skills with Microsoft SQL Server
• A degree in computer science or a related discipline
• Excellent problem solving skills
• An ability and desire to thrive in an atmosphere that values innovation, creativity and collaboration
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.