Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description
State Street Global Markets (SSGM) Sales & Trading and Research (S&T&R) is State Street's Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading Business and Macro Strategy Research Team operating in 10 sites globally. To grow its business activities and provide superior service to our clients, SSGM is seeking to fill a product manager role.
- Lead and manage major product and business implementations for SSGM's Foreign Exchange
- Responsible for the demand management process, including collecting, organizing and vetting requests with the Business stakeholders and IT Product Owners.
- Ensure products developed maximize business value and meet or exceed requirements, and that benefits are realized.
- Assess and understand impacts of new products and technology on the business operating model. Work closely with IT Product Owner and Development teams to communicate Business Requirements and share knowledge on business processes/flows.
- Manage Business stakeholder engagement, accountability and expectations. Proactively identify, influence and resolve business issues.
- Develop and manage implementation and product rollout plans in conjunction with key business stakeholders and IT Product Owners.
- Coordinate and drive non-IT work (e.g. legal, compliance, ops) required to commercialize solution. Keep up to date with changing regulatory and corporate governance requirements.
- Proactively prepare and communicate audience-appropriate project status, including steering committee updates.
- Manage product rollout to business globally, including Business testing, training, business procedures and readiness.
- Be prepared to lead one of the Corporate Governance/CIS/ISO initiatives impacting FX ST&R applications and/or business process to ensure compliance with latest requirements.
- Be prepared to accommodate global off-hours meetings when necessary with colleagues in APAC and EMEA.
- Stay abreast of SSGM business and industry developments.
- Previous FX Front Office experience, including direct support of traders, strongly preferred.
- Experienced facilitator, including a wide variety of audiences of varying levels.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to produce executive level presentations and product collateral for external use. Capable of tailoring messages to a wide variety of audiences.
- Well-developed leadership skills with the ability to influence across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success driving change through product or initiative (project work on the business side) related work.
- Ability to assess impacts of technology on the business operating model, and drive associated implementation tasks in support of the new operating model.
- Proven relationship skills, ability to partner across the organization, with IT and the business, to drive to best possible outcomes.
- Previous business project or product management experience in an environment where the technology organization was working in the Agile development methodology is preferred.
- Strong planning skills, including the ability to prepare and manage business project plans.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.