At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Portfolio Management and Reporting. Maintain a detailed understanding of the shape and drivers of the GMD portfolio through proactive involvement with key customers and stakeholders including: GMD leadership as well as functional leadership teams in the GMD, Finance, Forecasting & Competitive Intelligence and the PSM Science Unit Head. Deliver analyses that contextualize and support governance decision-making. Track short- and long-term objectives for project and portfolio delivery. Provide input to quarterly SET portfolio reviews for late-stage portfolio analyses. Support external reporting activities on the late-stage pipeline in collaboration with Investor Relations and External Media Relations/Communications (pipeline table, annual report, earnings release slides, etc.)
- Project & Portfolio Data Quality. Work directly with the OPAL team and project finance to ensure quality data outputs to PIVOT for portfolio reporting and analysis for anticipated and ad hoc requests.
- Portfolio Planning. Support long-term portfolio planning for the science unit that is aligned with key assumptions and overall science unit strategy. Provide forward-looking views of the late-stage portfolio to aid GMD functions in managing capacity for optimal portfolio delivery. Contribute late-stage portfolio insights/drivers and partner with finance and other functional areas for the GMD quarterly business reviews and annual business updates/long-range planning. Drive annual review of probability of success and launch dates for input into GPPS long-range plan process.
- Performance Management. Support science unit and late-stage governance with project and portfolio management information for a variety of reports including monthly science unit reporting, monthly science unit SET report, etc. Drive establishment of annual GMD goals, measure progress against objectives, and, as the year progresses, identify issues and risks to project and portfolio delivery. Support GMD communications in quarterly communications on GMD goals performance.
- Industry Benchmarks/Competitive Intelligence. Be knowledgeable regarding external benchmarks and competitor information and utilize this information to contextualize and assess science unit project & portfolio decisions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of the drug development process and the pharmaceutical industry and its future challenges
- 8+ years' experience in pharmaceutical industry preferably gained through exposure to, or working closely with Global Product/Project teams within R&D
- 5 years' experience of providing portfolio analysis and management recommendations to senior leadership teams
- Understanding of the drug development process
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry and its future challenges
- Proven analytical skill set with demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong strategic thinking, decision making, and problem solving
- Leadership skills, including ability to influence without authority and collaboration
- Advanced skills in software applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Proven teamwork ability, routinely facilitating the exchange of ideas
- Demonstrated ability to bring ideas to action
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Master's degree or higher
- Project and Portfolio Management enterprise systems
- Experience in a scientific or functional discipline in the pharmaceutical industry
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.