Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a GMP Quality Manager in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a
GMP Quality Program Manager / Principal GMP Quality Program Manager working on the R&D Quality team, you will be empowered to manage biologics programs, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- The GMP Quality Manager leads and manages strategic GMP QA activities associated with Takeda’s pharmaceutical product development programs.
- This position ensures compliance with applicable regulations and Takeda Quality standards for GMP pharmaceutical operations related to manufacturing, testing, packaging, and distribution of investigational drug product and investigational active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- The GMP Quality Manager is expected to independently manage projects and make sound decisions related to product quality issues.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Education:
- Employ GMP QA expertise and principles during the development, manufacturing, testing, packaging and release of investigational API and drug product (collectively Clinical Trial Material, CTM) to ensure product quality, solve project problems, significantly influence the compliance of projects/programs, and achieve business goals.
- Provide strategic GMP quality/compliance guidance to internal stakeholders by serving as GMP QA authority on pharmaceutical development/CMC teams.
- Provide strategic GMP guidance to third-party vendors to ensure quality and compliance of Takeda products.
- Oversee and conduct final release and disposition of CTM for use in Takeda-sponsored studies.
- Investigate product complaints through evaluation of batch record documentation and interactions with internal and external technical personnel.
- Serve as GMP QA subject matter expert in the review and approval of stability protocols/reports, test method validations and specifications, as well as in the resolution of investigations, deviations, and out-of-specification investigations.
- Lead comprehensive GMP Quality audits of current or new vendors in support of Takeda’s CTM supply chain. Make recommendations to management concerning the use of vendors based on audit findings.
- Manage internal quality improvement initiatives: evaluate internal processes; suggest/design/implement improvements; create/revise relevant SOPs.
- Support inspectional readiness activities at external vendors (e.g., manufacturers, packagers, and laboratories) related to Takeda regulatory submissions. Effectively interact with QA senior management and internal stakeholders to implement inspectional readiness strategies, assess potential risks, and determine necessary actions to mitigate risks.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or related field.
- Experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree:
- High School diploma/GED plus minimum of 10 years pharmaceutical manufacturing, packaging, or laboratory experience or
- Associate’s Degree plus minimum of 8 years pharmaceutical manufacturing, packaging, or laboratory experience.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years pharmaceutical manufacturing, packaging, or laboratory experience including at least 4 years in GMP QA/QC/Compliance.
- Experience with the pharmaceutical drug development process.
- Track record of successfully working with third-party vendors.
- Knowledge of the auditing process and experience conducting audits.
- Comprehensive knowledge of international GMP regulations and subsequent applications to pharmaceutical drug development.
- Thorough understanding of creation/review/approval of GMP documents such as specifications, test methods, stability protocols, batch records, and investigations.
- Demonstrated teamwork, initiative, and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Quality auditor certification preferred.
- Routine demands of an office-based environment
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Requires approximately 10% travel, both domestic and international
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.