• Must complete BS degree by September 2018
• Majoring in any of the following disciplines:
, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutics, Drug Design/Development or related degree • 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for the duration of the 3-year Program and will not require future sponsorship for an employment visa status
• Must be mobile and able to relocate domestically and internationally
Less than 2 years of work experience upon graduation of a bachelors or masters degree
• Project experience in pharmaceutics/pharmacy/pharmaceutical science, either at university or industrial.
• Experience of the pharmaceutical industry and/or industrial focused University project
GMS Technical Development Program
Our Global Manufacturing and Supply organization (GMS) leads the rapid commercialization and distribution of GSK products, allowing team members to take a proactive, hands-on approach to shaping the world around them. Working in conjunction with other parts of the business, we ensure the smooth and rapid transition of newly developed products into full-scale manufacture. By using a variety of processes and the latest efficient technology, our global network is able to deliver to patients and customers four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products every single year.
As a Pharmaceutical Sciences graduate at GSK, you can expect to work on:
• New Product Introduction: Medicines development, clinical trials, manufacture, testing and supply of New Chemical Entities
• Detailed understanding of Medicines Process Control of a variety of Dosage Forms (e.g. Tablets, Powders, Inhalers, Sterile Products etc) and Statistical Assurance of Control
• Technical Trouble-shooting
• Global Regulatory Filing strategies for our Medicines, both new products and lifecycle management of existing products
• New manufacturing platforms and new Dosage Forms
By joining the three-year rotational GMS Technical Development Program, you will have the opportunity to make a significant difference to lives around the world, whilst enjoying some of the healthiest career prospects in the industry.
The program involves three different rotations in the US, with the potential to have an opportunity internationally. The rotations will be aligned to both business and personal development needs. At the end of the program, if you have delivered to the standards that we expect, you will be supported to obtain a role within the business.
Training and Development
To support you throughout our challenging Graduate Program, you will progress through a structured development path involving both core training and an individually tailored training plan. You are allocated an individual budget to fund your professional development.
To help you transition into our Graduate Program, you will be supported by a current graduate. The bullet points below give you a very brief view of where the training focus lies.
• Application of core technical skills in an industrial setting
•Exposure to various areas of the business through different rotations
•Technical training driven by your discipline and the rotational objectives
• Development guided by a technical competency framework specific to that of your discipline
• Business networking events
• Site and role specific training and development (e.g. Health & Safety, Quality Management Systems, Project Management)
Personal Development Support
• Support through mentoring and sponsorship
• Development of Leadership Expectations
• 360-degree feedback - feedback from colleagues, managers and stakeholders to aid your development
• Business networking events
• Career planning
We are currently recruiting for an Associate for a September 2018 start date. There will be an Assessment Center for final candidate selection held RTP, NC during the month of November 2017. Final candidates will be required to attend the Assessment Center.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.