This position provides in-depth exposure to international business issues with a focus on public policy, political risk, corporate social responsibility (CSR), and trade-related issues. The intern will be integrated into the GA team under the mentorship of senior government affairs professionals. In this role, the intern will be expected to take on substantive work in research, project management, and stakeholder outreach. The intern will also be expected to manage an independent project during the course of employment. This position requires a high degree of research, analytical, written, and presentation skills.
Major Activities/Key Challenges
- Developing substantive content for briefing papers, white papers, and executive-level presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Supporting government, IGO and NGO stakeholder relationship management through talking points, memos, and correspondence.
- Researching policy and legislative issues.
- Supporting government affairs strategy through content development and management.
- Supporting coordination of projects including preparing and maintaining project plans.
- Supporting office management projects including IT and other areas as determined.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Global Business and Political Acumen: The ideal candidate will possess experience and interest in the commercial, economic, and political issues driving the domestic and global manufacturing sector. In addition, a demonstrated ability to understand the business and financial implications of domestic and international policy and political developments is important. Familiarity with trade policy will position the intern for success. Fluency in foreign language(s) is a plus.
- Research/Writing: The ideal candidate will possess excellent qualitative/quantitative research and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to quickly and concisely summarize relevant conclusions. The intern will be required to regularly provide well-researched and concise writing under tight timelines.
- Tenacity and Organization: Workload can be high volume and fast paced, with multiple issues and tasks occurring simultaneously. A successful candidate thrives in ever-changing, and sometimes stressful, environments, and is able to solve problems quickly and move on to the next issue. He/She is a highly self-motivated and autonomous worker.
- Attention to Detail and Deadlines: Accurate documentation of details and attention to deadlines is required for this position.
Interest in Arconic's Portfolio: Arconic maintains a fascinating and varied manufacturing portfolio across primary metals, aerospace, automotive, energy efficient buildings, and more. The ideal intern will demonstrate a genuine interest in and ability to learn about this portfolio and be able to apply concepts and frame deliverables in a manner that is meaningful to Alcoa’s business goals.
- Strong command of PowerPoint and Word; competency in Excel, Salesforce, and general IT concepts a plus.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.