We are seeking highly motivated and energetic students to join our team as interns across our Corporate Functions. Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries - such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.Why join us? Your education is just beginning! Our interns have the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients.What are we looking for?We look for interns with:• Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for Business, Finance, Accounting, or Human Resources • A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities • The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment• Willingness to take initiative to understand the business • An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills • Previous successful experience as an active member of a team • A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth • Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy For more information, and to apply for specific internship roles, visit http://careers.arconic.com/universityrelations.php.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or current enrollment in a bachelor's program
- Approximately 1-4 years of policy research/analytical experience, preferably on Capitol Hill, with the U.S. Government, in a trade association, or working in a corporate government affairs office.
- Strong command of PowerPoint and Word; competency in Excel, Salesforce, and general IT concepts a plus.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master's degree preferred
- Global Business and Political Acumen: The ideal candidate will possess experience and interest in the commercial, economic, and political issues driving the domestic and global manufacturing sector. In addition, a demonstrated ability to understand the business and financial implications of domestic and international policy and political developments is important. Familiarity with trade policy will position the intern for success. Fluency in foreign language(s) is a plus.
- Research/Writing: The ideal candidate will possess excellent qualitative/quantitative research and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to quickly and concisely summarize relevant conclusions. The intern will be required to regularly provide well-researched and concise writing under tight timelines.
- Tenacity and Organization: Workload can be high volume and fast paced, with multiple issues and tasks occurring simultaneously. A successful candidate thrives in ever-changing, and sometimes stressful, environments, and is able to solve problems quickly and move on to the next issue. He/She is a highly self-motivated and autonomous worker.
- Attention to Detail and Deadlines: Accurate documentation of details and attention to deadlines is required for this position.
- Interest in Arconic's Portfolio: The company maintains a fascinating and varied manufacturing portfolio across aerospace, automotive, energy efficient buildings, and more. The ideal intern will demonstrate a genuine interest in and ability to learn about this portfolio and be able to apply concepts and frame deliverables in a manner that is meaningful to Arconic's business goals.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.