In a volatile world, effective risk management protects, sustains and improves business performance. As a risk professional, you"ll be focused on helping our clients develop an integrated and sustainable approach to risk and control that encompasses a holistic view of people, process and technology. Delivering some of the most significant and class-leading projects globally, you"ll be part of a market-leading network of risk professionals, forming high-performing teams that deliver exceptional client service and contribute to building a better working world.
Your career is yours to shape. We offer structured learning and development that will give you the analytical and consultancy skills to succeed. Our clients require innovative solutions to their challenges. We"ll equip you with the ability to deliver. And as part our global network, you"ll gain valuable experience across different geographies and sectors. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Job Summary:
As a member of our Government and Public Sector (G&PS) Team, you will join a talented group of professionals, serving in key roles advising US Federal Agencies addressing issues in performance improvement, program effectiveness, financial management and IT advisory. Our team focuses on national priorities in Defense, Recovery and Infrastructure Investment, National Security and Health. The development and high growth of our G&PS business is a global strategic imperative for our firm. Key Responsibilities:
A Risk professional supports our clients in understanding and identifying process risks and designing and assessing process controls to mitigate those risks. They are responsible for documenting process controls, assessing control design, developing test plans to test key controls, and writing reports to summarize observations. In addition, Risk professionals provide process improvement recommendations to design efficient and effective process controls to best mitigate process risks. The successful Risk Senior should:
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Have knowledge and experience auditing, reviewing, or working with Federal business processes such as funds management, budget execution, receivables management, disbursements, property management, human resources, financial reporting, and grants management
- Have strong report writing skills to communicate findings and recommendations to clients
- Have knowledge of working paper documentation standards
- Have excellent communication skills to discuss observations and negotiate the acquisition of data for testing and reporting on internal controls
- Be able to work independently with clients and on project teams
- OMB Circular A-123 or financial statement audit experience is preferred
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance or higher
- US Certification in at least one of the following: CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CGFM (Certified Government Financial Manager), or CGAP (Certified Government Auditing Professional)
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
A little about us:
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. We are united by our shared values, which inspire our people.