In a volatile world, effective risk management protects, sustains and improves business performance. As a risk professional, you"ll be focused on helping our clients develop an integrated and sustainable approach to risk and control that encompasses a holistic view of people, process and technology. Delivering some of the most significant and class-leading projects globally, you"ll be part of a market-leading network of risk professionals, forming high-performing teams that deliver exceptional client service and contribute to building a better working world.
Your career is yours to shape. We offer structured learning and development that will give you the analytical and consultancy skills to succeed. Our clients require innovative solutions to their challenges. We"ll equip you with the ability to deliver. And as part our global network, you"ll gain valuable experience across different geographies and sectors. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Job Summary:
As a member of our Government and Public Sector (G&PS) Team, you will join a talented group of professionals, serving in key roles advising US Federal Agencies addressing issues in performance improvement, program effectiveness, financial management and Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR). Our team focuses on national priorities in Defense, Recovery and Infrastructure Investment, National Security and Health. The development and high growth of our G&PS business is a global strategic imperative for our firm. Your key responsibilities
A Risk professional supports our clients in understanding and identifying process risks and designing and assessing process controls to mitigate those risks. They are responsible for documenting process controls, assessing control design, developing test plans to test key controls, and writing reports to summarize observations. In addition, Risk professionals provide process improvement recommendations to design efficient and effective process controls to best mitigate process risks. Required:
- Knowledge and experience auditing, reviewing, or working with Federal business processes such as funds management, budget execution, receivables management, disbursements, property management, human resources, financial reporting, and grants management
- Strong report writing skills to communicate findings and recommendations to clients
- Knowledge of working paper documentation standards
- Excellent communication skills to discuss observations and negotiate the acquisition of data for testing and reporting on internal controls
- Ability to work independently with clients and on project teams
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Experience with OMB Circular A-123 or financial statement audit, attestation and remediation.
- Experience with Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR).
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related discipline
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working as an IA auditor or IA risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance or higher
- US Certification in at least one of the following: CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CGFM (Certified Government Financial Manager), CDFM (certified Defense Financial Manager, CGAP (Certified Government Auditing Professional) or PMP (Project Management Professional). desired; If you are non-certified, you are required to become certified within 1 year from your date of hire.
What we look for
We"re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you"ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you"re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients" most complex issues, this role is for you
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you"ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The autonomy to use a variety of skills to accomplish goals within a designated service line
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- Feedback on your performance that will accelerate your growth, plus the opportunity to provide feedback and mold future leaders
- An excellent team of colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. We are united by our shared values, which inspire our people.